• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IS this a skid plate from CUCV transfer case?

Lonesome715

This looks a lot to me like a skid plate I saw some time back on a transfer case under a CUCV. If it is, does that mean they were available on the civilian counter parts from GM? Also, what transfer case is under CUCVs? Are they 203s? If so this skid plat will do me no good.

Attachments

48cj2a

Yes that is a GM factory skid plate.
CUCVs have 208s and the HD models had 205s but no 203 were used that is the civy full time 4wd transfercase from the 70s. My 79 GMC Jimmy (Blazer) had a NP203.

jw4x4

If I remember my 205 cases correctly, they had 2 crossmembers close together. The ends of the skid plate bolted to those crossmembers. For the 208, there is only one crossmember. The skid plate bolts to it, and just rests under the t-case.

Lonesome715

Thanks for clearing that up.

This thing has been sitting behind my shed for a while. It looks as though I will not be getting the truck it goes to any time soon. I guess I will just post it on Craigslist.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lonesome - I'm very happy with my M1009. Have you checked the Classified Ads here on SS? I just popped over there and found one in GA for sale. :smile:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks