• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this an original exhaust?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Or did someone customize this?

View attachment 895218
Well... It appears that someone may have made modifications to YOURS, but basically yours looks somewhat "stock" but is shorter than what I might call "stock".

I did a quick web search and yours appears to be about a foot shorter than normal...

1681502674349.png 1681502731959.png 1681502779643.png 1681502816045.png 1681502878163.png 1681502930706.png

springer1981

Well... It appears that someone may have made modifications to YOURS, but basically yours looks somewhat "stock" but is shorter than what I might call "stock".

I did a quick web search and yours appears to be about a foot shorter than normal...

View attachment 895220 View attachment 895221 View attachment 895222 View attachment 895223 View attachment 895224 View attachment 895225
Thanks, I know what the original looks like and that's why I asked about the one in the picture. There are so many variations of parts on these trucks, I'm trying to figure out if this is a rare original or something else. That is not my truck but I like the idea of the shorter stack type exhaust.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have heard of a shorter version of the fording exhaust to work with a certain vehicle configuration, but not sure of the details. I don't believe it was quite that short though

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have heard of a shorter version of the fording exhaust to work with a certain vehicle configuration, but not sure of the details. I don't believe it was quite that short though
Wonder if it maybe had some sort of "box on the back" and shorter exhaust was how and why.
Kinda like you mentioned @Coug . . .

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the big tires and rims, a suspension lift and the lack of a fording intake it is obvious someone has been "customizing" that truck.
I have seen thousands of pictures of Humvee's and have never seen one like this, so I would "assume" it is custom. (there is that word again):eek:

springer1981

With the big tires and rims, a suspension lift and the lack of a fording intake it is obvious someone has been "customizing" that truck.
I have seen thousands of pictures of Humvee's and have never seen one like this, so I would "assume" it is custom. (there is that word again):eek:
I did notice all that and that's why I'm wondering if anyone has seen one OEM. It's like the rear doors I posted about thinking they were custom however it turned out they were not.

I like the look and the concept of this exhaust and now I need to find one at a reasonable price to cut up. It's not high on the priority list but if a good deal comes along...

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
I’m planning to cut one down if I don’t find one for the ambulance, just so it clears the doors on my helmet top. I see them occasionally but of course not when I’m looking to actually get one…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAVP7

Those very short exhausts were for the Avenger air defense vehicles, so their turrets could rotate freely, as far as I know. Might have been used for other variants.

I´m pretty sure they were not used on the ambulances; those had a special version that was longer than the regular ones.

Last edited:

springer1981

Those very short exhausts were for the Avenger air defense vehicles, so their turrets could rotate freely, as far as I know. Might have been used for other variants.

I´m pretty sure they were not used on the ambulances; they had a special version that was longer than the regular ones.
I'd like to see a picture of one on an Avenger because that is what I own and I think I have looked at every Avenger picture on the internet and have never seen that exhaust on one. If I could find a picture on an Avenger, I would definitely have it one mine.

springer1981

As far as I know, the deep water exhausts were only used on USMC Avengers, so they are pretty rare.

I found this picture on the internet from a Marines museum in San Diego:

View attachment 895330View attachment 895330
Awesome. Now I'm on it! It probably would not have come on mine since it is the m998 version and that is the M1097 version. That one is also shorter than the original picture I posted which could still be a custom one or another application.

THANKS for the picture.

Anyone near Whitewright Texas? Guy down there has some for sale but won't ship. local pickup only ... just my luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks