• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this correct Cucv towbar?

Hi, new to the forum, enjoying all the information. In the future hope to win a bid on a M1008. I don't have a trailer but am looking at vehicle tow bars. I hope I can attach a picture so I can get some feed back if this is the right tow bar for a M1008.50097220_gl_tiny_thumb tow bar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Your pictures are micro, if this is what you are talking about they don't have feet to attach them to anything. The stock feet that come with these Ibis MDL ICS69 bars are too big for a CUCV or duce for that matter. There are other feet out there that you can get that will work.

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

I don't know your price range but I have a medium tow bar and all the adapters for cucv, deuce and 5tons, that would be 3/4" , 1" feet and the axle clamps with dual chains for $500 over here in Kansas.

sandcobra164

I got some 3/4" feet from 3D Angus thinking that they would be what was needed for my M1028. Turns out it has 1" pins just like my Deuce. I gave them back to him at the GA Rally so I know he had a set if your CUCV has the 3/4" pins.

Thanks KsM715, PM sent. Sorry about the micro pictures, I need to work on that. MWMules, that looks like the ones I saw thanks for the information.

Last edited:

ARYankee

I don't know your price range but I have a medium tow bar and all the adapters for cucv, deuce and 5tons, that would be 3/4" , 1" feet and the axle clamps with dual chains for $500 over here in Kansas.
If he doesn't buy it I would be interested. I'll be driving back to Arkansas from Oregon at the end of the month so I can drive by to get it on my way. You wouldn't have to deal with shipping. Just let me know if the deal falls through.