• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this Deuce a good buy?

hpdeutsch

I'm looking to purchase my first deuce and I don't want to get something that'll die on me or going to need a lot of work. I'd appreciate everyone's opinion and some buying tips. Or if anyone is is selling a deuce around me.

heres what the ad says about the deuce:
00p0p_jeVdFx5OHiP_600x450.jpg

This posting is for true Americans who want to own a true piece of American history. Because that's what I am regrettably selling: Real American history. Have you ever wanted a six wheel drive truck that you could climb mountains with, or maybe just pull your buddy's truck out of a ditch? Have you ever wanted a truck that you could dump anything in the fuel tank and keep on rolling? Have you ever wanted to turn every head in town as you whistle down the street in all your American glory? Or maybe you just want a real truck at an affordable price. Well here is your chance. This 1970 monster of a rig is equipped with a 465 Continental White MULTIFUEL WHISTLER powerhouse. Yes, you read that right... gas, diesel, kerosene, oil, you name it. And yes it is a whistler. Sounds like a jet fighter coming down a runway. The truck has 40k on it but it was rebuilt before civilian issue. Therefore I am not sure of the true mileage but it is much less. The rack on the back was a homemade job I did for a tarp to go camping. This truck has brand new tires, fuel pump, brake master cylinder, air brake booster, wheel bearings, fuel filters, oil change, you name it, I've done it. I don't use her much anymore and have decided to get it out of the yard. You are welcome to ride in it and depending on how I feel, possibly drive it. It needs three things that I am aware of to be in perfect mechanical shape. 1. A brake adjustment. Brakes work well but pedal is getting low. Very very easy to do. 2. A drivers side window regulator. The window works but does not work like it should. 3. A windshield half glass. A flat square cheap piece of glass and a couple bolts. The one in her has a crack about an inch long (just enough to fail inspection). I can tell you where to find any part you want for this truck if you buy it. She was tagged up until a few months back. I'm not taking her back through, its all up to you, the buyer, now. Feel free to make me an offer, but don't give me a number that's going to make me mad. Thanks and happy buying! Oh, and no you do not need a cdl to operate this vehicle

He's asking 5500 but I feel he would go much lower.

thank you!! For looking everybody

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbird1

That seems about average at this day in age. Better take the link down and post a picture, it may keep someone else from buying and The rules don't allow, oh and welcome to a great hobby.

Last edited:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, Welcome to Steel Soldiers and the Green Iron Laughing Academy!! :jumpin: :cookoo:

If you have absolutely no experience with a M35A2, I STRONGLY recommend that you spend A LOT of time: studying the TM's, reading through the Deuce threads, making notes of questions you have, joining a local MVPA chapter/finding local Steel Soldiers that can answer your questions, find a Deuce you can test drive to make sure that truck fits your height/weight/mechanical abilities, and research what extra tools you will need in order to work on the 14,000 lb behemoth.

Read this post, and download the Word document that Clinto posted in post #6: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?44493-What-to-look-for-when-buying-a-deuce

I badly wanted a Deuce when I first got bit by the OD bug. I joined a local MVPA chapter, and met a guy who let me drive one. The issues I ran into with a Deuce: my homeowner's association wouldn't like me having the truck parked in my driveway. Shelling out $100+ in storage fees gets expen$ive fast. I don't have the room to work on a truck this big. I am not a diesel mechanic, and I don't know how to repair a multi-fuel engine with a turbo. I am 6'1" and 200 lbs, and squeezing my long legs and size 15 shoes under the steering wheel is rather uncomfortable. I also have problems with my left knee - it locks up if I can't stretch it out for long periods of time. I found that a M151A2 was the best option for me. I can easily get behind the wheel. If it breaks, I can call AAA and they can flatbed it back to my house without issue. It lives in my garage, and my neighbors don't say a word about it. When the MUTT won't start, I can get 2 or 3 other people to push it while I pop the clutch in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Bottom line: do your homework before you bite off more than you can chew.

roscoe

5,500 doesn't seem that high to me, as it seems by the description, to be in nice condition. You could easily buy one for a grand or so less, then, by the time you make all the improvements described, you're well over this asking price. Plan on working on the truck yourself unless you have plenty of spare cash.

215Dave

If I'm not mistaking, that's listed on the "nationwide free classified site". I think I've seen it listed for some time. Like stated above, maybe try and get the owner to come down a bit, hoping he's a motivated seller at this point. Best of luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks