• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is this the fuel line?

jbayer

Yes it the main fuel line coming from the primary filter on passenger side. Don't have a pic, but it should be up under the front crossmember, kinda like this, with a clamp at the two perpendicular lines.
line (1).jpg

Last edited:

chestypuller1371

ya i need to get that back up there as i run over tons of trees all the time. i dont want one ripping that off. i also would be interested in some kinda hme made skidplate for that radiator bottom.

rustystud

I totally rerouted all my fuel lines. Now I have no worries of ever hitting my fuel lines. This is one of those times I just have to wonder what the engineers where thinking about when they designed this !

71DeuceAK

Fun stuff, sounds like something I'd do once I get myself a Deuce. Sounds like a good way to relieve stress!

Plus, there's always the firewood after that!

How big of a place is this, anyway? Multiple acres?

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this question (I'm still new to forums), but since it is along the general subject, I thought I would ask here.

From what I've read, after driving the truck for a while, it should be idled for 5-min to allow the turbo to cool down. That said, when you pull up at the filling station to fuel up, do you leave the engine running or shut it down? I am thinking leave it idling since there isn't anything in the compression engine that could ignite fuel on the ground. All the signs at my local station say shut the vehicle off so just want to be sure of my actions if someone comes griping at leaving the truck running while fueling.

FloridaAKM

Its a Military truck with a turbo, let it run while you fill the tank or just add fuel; it is very safe...but noisy! Look @ the people who yak on their phones while filling a gasoline fueled vehicle & the pumps have a sign as not to use your cell phone while pumping gas. Go figure~

You want to go into grounding & bonding while filling a vehicle, that is another can o worms!

Last edited:

rustystud

The truck fuel tank should be bonded through the nozzle and hose back to the fuel dispenser, right?
No. The hose is insulated by all that rubber and Kevlar. Since diesel fuel will not flash burn like the low temperature of gasoline I wouldn't worry about it. I have fueled running trucks and equipment since I was in my teens. Also at the transit agency the busses are not shutdown to refuel. Never heard of any problems of diesel igniting at the pump. I also worked with a crusty old mechanic who smoked like a chimney and would put out his smokes in a bucket of diesel fuel. The first time I saw him do that I jumped and ran. He laughed at me so hard I think he pissed himself !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks