• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this the right antenna?

llong66

I am wanting to find the "correct" antenna to install on my M1008 and while trolling around found this auction:

Military Truck Radio AB15 Antenna Base & 7 Whip Sections 15FT M151

I know it would need to be cut down for CB use but I had not seen mention before of 7 sections. The current price on this is right around $100, its NOS, is the a fair deal? Thanks much!

wsucougarx

AB15 average $15-25 and the antenna sections are about $10 per section. I bought a NOS setup w/AB15 ,3 antenna sections, and storage bag for $40 from Haney Electronic (ebay)

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am wanting to find the "correct" antenna to install on my M1008 and while trolling around found this auction:

Military Truck Radio AB15 Antenna Base & 7 Whip Sections 15FT M151

I know it would need to be cut down for CB use but I had not seen mention before of 7 sections. The current price on this is right around $100, its NOS, is the a fair deal? Thanks much!
You can use as many center sections as you want, I often rig up hf antennas this way. The number of section effectively changes the frequency the antenna works on.

papakb

You didn't mention the radio you plan to use in your truck and that will make a difference in the antenna you mount.

If you're just planning on running a CB radio the AB-15 will work fine, just adjust the antenna sections for about 108" to match the 27Mhz frequency of the radio. There's a gadget called a VSWR meter that lets you look at forward vs reflected power. You want to maximize the forward power and minimize the reflected power for best results.

Kurt
KG6KMJ