• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this WW2?

tankdriver

I agree that it is civilian. and post war. The fenders are only drilled for a single bucket light. If it was Military, one fender would have a headlight, and a blackout marker light. The other fender would have a 3rd hole for a blackout driving light.

But, I'm married, so I'm told I'm wrong quite often.........

Bill W

Yep
Thats a post WWII WDX series ( 1947-68 ) Dodge Power Wagon, Not to be confused with the later W series Power Wagon ( 1957- )

dbcolts

Wow......what a neat old truck.....definitely a post WWII commercial Dodge Power Wagon WDX 1 ton. Does anyone know how to get in contact with the owner? That is definitely "barn find" quality, and that unique "yard art" piece that your wife/girl-friend would love. LOL!!
David
Palm Desert, Ca.
714 310 9934

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tracer.......any chance you could get me a lead on the Dodge?
David

DSCF1467.jpgDSCF1469.jpg Dave I'll try. I'll have to go to the county office here in town and see who owns the property. Here's a couple more pics. I'm not a Dodge expert, but I think the yellow truck in the background may be a WW2 WC. I can probably get down to the county office Thursday or Friday.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF1500.jpgDSCF1501.jpgDSCF1502.jpg Dave, the home on the lot with the trucks is abandoned, and that makes finding the owner(s) a bit more challenging. But I'll go to the county office Thursday or Friday and see what I can find out.

dbcolts

I used to be in the antique firearms business.....and I think part of the passion, was to do research on the weapons. To me, linking the rifle or pistol to someone in the military was especally gratifying....and gave the weapon a "real personality".
David