• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is using a M105 axle to bob a M35A2 a bad thing?

trider

Is using M105 springs to bob a M35A2 a bad thing?

I am new to deuces and looking to buy a bobbed M35A2, I am trying to learn as much as possible online before purchasing one so I know what to look for when I go look at trucks for sale. I do not want to buy one then find out it was a cobbled together bob job and not done right. I have found a few decent priced ones around that I have not looked at yet but a few of them have used the M105 springs to mount the rear axle on the deuce. I have read enough to know this is not the preferred method as the preferred method is using the front springs off another deuce. Correct me if I am wrong. My question is should I run the other way when I come across a bobber that used trailer springs? Will trailer springs be mounted to the side of the frame and front deuce springs be mounted to the bottom of the frame? Thanks for the help

Last edited:

3dAngus

Ditto. Deuce springs might be to strong for the lighter weight rear end making it to stiff.
Nothing wrong with my 105 springs in my bobber. Don't care what anyone says.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say the trailer springs mounted properly will be fine. And I can tell you that I took my newly bobbed and lifted deuce to the Georgia rally and bent the front springs and did not bend the rear trailer springs. Granted I bent three out of the four wheels beyond repair as well so I was not exactly taking it easy!

Attachments

trider

Ok so is there anyway I can tell if the bob job was done correctly? What else should I look for on a bob job to see if its a good one or one to stay away from? Any purchasing tips would be appreciated.

Joeinderry

I have built a few bobbers with both front truck springs and the trailer springs. I noticed a big difference, the front springs were stiffer making it a much harder ride. The trailer springs were much smoother. Installing front springs is the easiest way to go. I know that when I get a M35A2 W/W (winch truck would be a keeper for me)I am using the trailer springs because the wife likes the smoother ride. Good luck finding your bobber.

trider

Ok I will keep that in mind when I find one closer to go look at. Still no bobbers to go look at close. Closest one I have found to look at is almost 5 hours away. Thanks for the heads up.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know of at least three bobbers here in OKC. Closer than 5 hours away.