• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ISO Cucv climate control switches

2INSANE

The worst time the heater switches decide to break is this time of the year… 😔

Does anyone have a good climate controls switch panel they could sell me?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't but I I know a guy that might, I'll call him in the morning and find out...he's got a bunch, I purchased one from him a few months ago...He is in York Pa though but I don't think shipping would be to bad for something that light.

2AForever

I don't but I I know a guy that might, I'll call him in the morning and find out...he's got a bunch, I purchased one from him a few months ago...He is in York Pa though but I don't think shipping would be to bad for something that light.
The fan speed control arm just slipped off on mine, do I need to replace the whole climate control unit? or is that switch itself replaceable? its a 84 CUCV

2INSANE

The fan speed control arm just slipped off on mine, do I need to replace the whole climate control unit? or is that switch itself replaceable? its a 84 CUCV
In your case the switch is replaceable. Just be careful. It breaks easy. To replace the switch, you need to take out the whole unit for easier access.

2AForever

If you have to replace the whole unit, LMC truck has them ion Stock for $79. Mine was shot so I bought one from them and it fit/worked just fine

1973-89 Temperature Control Assemblies and Parts (lmctruck.com)

So I replaced the whole unit. During the removal of the the unit I broke off the (heat controller) tab on cable that inserts into the control head unit. Great! what I shoulda done was cut it out with out damaging the cable tab. So I jerry rig it and alter the new control head so I can zip tie the cable in place. That would of worked if I didn't adjust the heat and just left it on, but no I have to test stuff repeatedly to make life hard. So I'm without heat now, no control over the temp.

Now question is, any idea where to get a replacement heat control cable?

and any idea if this will work? Since everything indicates with air con and not wo AC

Part#16 https://www.lmctruck.com/1973-87-chevy-gmc/cc-1973-87-temperature-control-assemblies-parts

Thx for yalls help in past and future

ps My Charging system is working like a champ since taking the crash course testing, diagnosing and replacing an incorrect Alternator

and Im looking for a good mechanic in the DFW and beyond for the stuff thats clearly past my skill level

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks