• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Isolated Ground Alternator

cucvrus

I never done the grounding. I sent it to a shop and had it done. So I would not be the one to give you the correct answer. I know when I have it done the automotive alternators it cost me about $40. Wish I could be more helpful.

joshuak

So I'm still not getting my question answered. I am asking if anyone has the knowledge OR knows if you can source the required parts that adapt a "regular" alternator into an isolated ground alternator. I have purchased a CUCV that has 2 non-isolated/ Gen 1/ Driver's Side remanufactured alternators. I want to see if I can modify (the currently un-wired) Gen 2 alternator that has no internal parts or isolated ground post.

Thanks!
Try a PM to fellow member Tow4, he offers a rebuild kit for the CUCV alternators and may be able to source the parts you need.

Link to his ad, http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...nator-Rebuild-kits-for-alternator-p-n-1105500

FWIW, I was able to snag a couple alts. from a craigslist add the guy was going 12v, might be worth looking at as well.

Last edited: