• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Isringhausen seats

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a couple Isringhausen seats from a fellow SSer in San Diego today. Has anyone ever installed them in a deuce? If so, any tips?

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Cut the plate off a springer seat and weld it to your new seats, or make a copy plate and weld it to your new seats.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cut the plate off a springer seat and weld it to your new seats, or make a copy plate and weld it to your new seats.
Have you seen these installed? There is a plate on there now. I'll get better pics.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looked again, there isn't a "plate" but there is a mounting system. I need to get the tape measure out in the morning. Lots of adjustable features.

armytruck63

A friend of mine put an air ride seat in his M818. The only problem we had was that the seat was too high and your thighs rubbed on the steering wheel at times.

Clay James

I put similar air ride seats in my M109A3 and the cab is definitely a little cramped for them. It has a huge height adjustment range but a limited comfortable one. Too low and it's really awkward operating the pedals and too high and I'm pushed right into the steering wheel and I'm a thin guy. I had to install a pressure regulator or I would blow up the air bags in the seats at the deuces operating pressure. I just put it on the firewall where the air valve is. The driver side is pretty sturdy but the passenger side moves some because the floor is thin and flexes. I may figure out some way to reinforce the floor to stop this.

EDIT: I see you have spring seats after all.

Attachments

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should fit easily. They have a much smaller footprint than stock springers and box seats.

Height doesn't look to be a problem.

Attachments

Katahdin

Those look like they were meant to be installed there and yet comfortable at the same time. Nice work Dug! What were these seats originally installed in?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No idea what they were out of. I got them from a local SSer who got them from GL.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Test drive went very well. Easily one of the best mods I've ever done to my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks