• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

MaverickH1

The elections I guess will happen around week 11 for you. I don't think you'll have it by then, but you might get lucky!

I'm expecting mine (which went "pending approval" a week after yours) to happen right around T-Giving. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I get it earlier, but T-Giving is week 13 for me. Week 12 for you would be the week of 11/7, just after the election. You'll be close!

Last edited:

MaverickH1

I wonder how many folks keep pulling up the description page of their "win" to see what it looks like.....The agony of the wait....
/Slowly raises hand...

Part of my problem is I bought one of the incomplete M1123 trucks. So I keep going back to look to see if it has the little things like... a door striker. Or... a center windshield retainer bracket. Or... etc, etc. So I keep finding new things I'll need and I'm ordering those. It's at least quenching my excitedness to get a new shipment every week with Humvee parts in it... but it also increases my anxiety to have these parts sitting around while I'm waiting to execute the installation! :)

Jakob1944

/Slowly raises hand...

Part of my problem is I bought one of the incomplete M1123 trucks. So I keep going back to look to see if it has the little things like... a door striker. Or... a center windshield retainer bracket. Or... etc, etc. So I keep finding new things I'll need and I'm ordering those. It's at least quenching my excitedness to get a new shipment every week with Humvee parts in it... but it also increases my anxiety to have these parts sitting around while I'm waiting to execute the installation! :)
Me too......as we text I am waiting on the UPS truck to bring my radio shelf for my Humvee that is on hold at Ft Riley......I've already spent 700 bucks on it......and I also pull up my "win" pix daily to increase my anxiety level........

MaverickH1

Me too......as we text I am waiting on the UPS truck to bring my radio shelf for my Humvee that is on hold at Ft Riley......I've already spent 700 bucks on it......and I also pull up my "win" pix daily to increase my anxiety level........
Ha! I think I've already spent somewhere in the $1500 range. I have windshields, retainers, soft doors, hinges, straps, top and rear curtain, cargo divider, troop seats, auxiliary lighting, back-up lamps, ignition switch, rivet guns, rivets, bolts, tools, and hardware for all of the previously mentioned stuff, tachometer, engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, spray paint, ... I even bought a GM under hood work light like I used to have on my old Chevy truck.

Just waiting to execute the work now. I figure I'll have nearly a month after getting it before I can register it, so I wanted everything to be ready to roll upon arrival.

:hammer:

Jakob1944

Ha! I think I've already spent somewhere in the $1500 range. I have windshields, retainers, soft doors, hinges, straps, top and rear curtain, cargo divider, troop seats, auxiliary lighting, back-up lamps, ignition switch, rivet guns, rivets, bolts, tools, and hardware for all of the previously mentioned stuff, tachometer, engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, spray paint, ... I even bought a GM under hood work light like I used to have on my old Chevy truck.

Just waiting to execute the work now. I figure I'll have nearly a month after getting it before I can register it, so I wanted everything to be ready to roll upon arrival.

:hammer:

So you are waiting on the other half of your truck.......

MaverickH1

I think there are laws in place that do protect feeding humvee moms. Them 1101/2s are on GP pretty regularly.
I've been eyeing a few auctions for a while, but will have to calm my spending after all of this Humvee stuff... much to my surprise, M1102 prices on GovPlanet have shot up. They used to be $500 or $600, rarely over $1000. Now they seem to be selling in the $1500-$2000 price range.

You can actually find them on Craigslist cheaper. [thumbzup]