• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It runs, then it doesn't.

Shaun387

Alright, found I actually had two alignment marks on the engine side of the IP mounting. Cleaned it up, and then could tell which one was the factory mark. I was severely retarted, so I moved it just a hair past the mark to the advanced side. Fired right up but had just a slight white smoke. Reved it and it sounded perfect. Tried adjusting it a bit more to get the smoke to clear, and I never could get it back to where I had it. Now it smokes pretty good. I'm guessing it is a super fine line in the adjustment. I'll play again with it in the next few days.

But after the first adjustment, I couldn't believe how smoothly it ran.

I'm 90% sure the timing just needs set, but what are some other causes you'd have white smoke at start-up, when warm, and throughout all rpms?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright, found I actually had two alignment marks on the engine side of the IP mounting. Cleaned it up, and then could tell which one was the factory mark. I was severely retarted, so I moved it just a hair past the mark to the advanced side. Fired right up but had just a slight white smoke. Reved it and it sounded perfect. Tried adjusting it a bit more to get the smoke to clear, and I never could get it back to where I had it. Now it smokes pretty good. I'm guessing it is a super fine line in the adjustment. I'll play again with it in the next few days.

But after the first adjustment, I couldn't believe how smoothly it ran.

I'm 90% sure the timing just needs set, but what are some other causes you'd have white smoke at start-up, when warm, and throughout all rpms?
White smoke is usually oil, it may clear up with time, might want to pop off the oil fill cap and see if crank case is getting pressurized.
Did your truck have a fording valve? if so have you installed the CDR valve that was removed????

Shaun387

White smoke is usually oil, it may clear up with time, might want to pop off the oil fill cap and see if crank case is getting pressurized.
Did your truck have a fording valve? if so have you installed the CDR valve that was removed????
Thanks for the reply! I don't have the fording valve (or at least that I know of....and no controls for one). I had the oil filler neck still off for a while, while it was running and the cdr valve removed. I put all that back on later in the day today, it was still smoking. Maybe I can get the timing back to where it ran well, but smoked a little, and drive it around a bit and see if it clears up...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks