• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"It'le be right" Bit me!.

dmetalmiki

Went to do a routine start up and run, on the M54 Camper.
NOWT!!??
Lights OK, Horn OK,
Heater Fan..Nope. Pre heater...Nope. |Pre lube, Nope.
I tried everything, jumping wires, re looping, bypassing, Nowt!.
I put 'spark in at one end (of many) connections, Nowt!.
Earths?...I took earths to everywhere. (And anywhere). Nowt!.
Frustrated I gave up.
So anyway..the o.. kicks in at 5-30 AM, and I'm out in the shop ripping all the wires out with the light switch, Master switch, And starter button. removed. (A right pain in the A..
So All rewired again..(RE engineered actually).
I Put everything back.
I Pushed the 'go ' button.....Crank crank crank...No fire!.
"You HAVE to be kiddi'n me!!".
The in tank pump is not working.
Have you noticed you 'fix' something ok, and 'something totally "Else" then decides that precise moment to muck up!. So, with 14" to spare (Yeah..). I slide out ( There's a larff, !!).the 55 gallon full fuel tank enough to remove the fuel pump. (the sooper dooper aircraft type).
I was covered in muck. So was that pump, BIG time.
I cleaned it up.. "the connections look ok"...."thay'l be right"...
Pushed and struggled to get the tank back in and all coupled up.
Guess what?,
IT WASN'T ("Be right") RIGHT!!!
Uncouple everything again and pull out the tank, (Cuss!"!), And all this with a rotator cuff injury!).
CLEANED the Pump connections up......(Yeah I know..).
Put it all back together again..
Got in, switched on, went to prod the go button, WUMP!! it fire right up and ran better than it ever did before.
HO Hum, Lesson Learned. (Until the ..next time..).

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks