• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Its All Soni's Fault

So I watched the m916 in Barstow close for $12,7xx and change, what has happened to the good ol' days, say the ones a couple months ago. I know it had a Allison auto tranny but even Soni thought it was probably not the same as in his 916. People have got to control them selfs, leave a little on the bone for the rest of us, its not even fair.:p
So from here on out I'll be hedging all my buys in tune with what Soni has up his sleeve.
What are you buying or building now, Soni;);)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you are talking about the one with the push pad gear selector I fail to see the attraction.

With no mechanical linkage to the tranny if the electronics go out you are screwed if you need to bug out (or just move the thing) .

That is the issue I had with the PLS trucks and some of the newer HEMMT's.

I don't see the advantage to abandoning the KISS principle.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Us po folk will just have to make due with the 7155 transmission, the Army was stuck with it since 1977.

R Racing

So BBoomer was that the truck you were telling me about ?? I like my 7155 it just needs 1 more gear lmbo .I just dont seem to use the first 3 or 4 gears that much so far.

M920

So BBoomer was that the truck you were telling me about ?? I like my 7155 it just needs 1 more gear lmbo .I just dont seem to use the first 3 or 4 gears that much so far.

It's not that....I loved my 7155 tranny! It is just not very reliable.....It is hard to find parts and almost impossible to get fixed anywhere.....thats the problem with it, that I see....It's really to bad....I really liked driving and shifting it.... :-(

R Racing

I'm thinking eventually the military will release the gobs of them they have in inventory for sale ( Or at least I hope they do ). From what I was told most of the issues were with the air shifter and not so much the trans itself. Did you ever find that PN for the 2 " 5th wheel (Sorry I know its off topic.) Thanks for your help Soni !

Jim

M920

Yeah, they would have to catch me in my scorpion first:driver::driver: Hey Soni how soon after I order one can you knock it out, I may have to make a fast getaway;)
Well, I don't manufacture them anymore. I sold all the rights and patents to "Prefered Chassis Fabrication", a Company out of Tucson Arizona. Their website is: scorpion4x4@hotmail.com

Also....if you are going through a divorce....you might want to wait with the aquisition of a Scorpion.... My ex wife somehow managed to get a local Judge to issue a temporary DOMESTIC RESTRAINING ORDER that did not alowed me to get closer than 50 feet to my Scorpion!!!!

I guess it was because I had told her, that I would cut it up with a cutting torch before I would just give it to her....LOL:deadhorse:

Luckily it was dismissed at the hearing....rofl

Soni

eldgenb

Well, I don't manufacture them anymore. I sold all the rights and patents to "Prefered Chassis Fabrication", a Company out of Tucson Arizona. Their website is: scorpion4x4@hotmail.com

Also....if you are going through a divorce....you might want to wait with the aquisition of a Scorpion.... My ex wife somehow managed to get a local Judge to issue a temporary DOMESTIC RESTRAINING ORDER that did not alowed me to get closer than 50 feet to my Scorpion!!!!

I guess it was because I had told her, that I would cut it up with a cutting torch before I would just give it to her....LOL:deadhorse:

Luckily it was dismissed at the hearing....rofl

Soni
good point, Or you could just call me and I would come take custody of if for the both of you and give you visitation rights!!

That Scorpion you built with the 4bt was amazing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks