• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's back

choll

Hey everybody my 09 is finally back on road!! 4 years of sitting a new motor, 31000 miles on it believe it was a pull out from a hummer. I had some gauges put in, volt, oil, and temp, it is a daily driver that I tow my boat with so I wanted to see what is going on when driving. New seats. Starts right up. I expected some issues after sitting for 4 years so here they are: seal at rear drive shaft is leaking a little, brake line leaking, when I first started it the motor runs ruff you cant hear anything from outside but you feel it, I think its a bad injector once it hits about 120 degrees it stops, white smoke out passenger side until it hits 120 degrees. It was running about 210 degrees changed thermostat now its running about 180 degrees with a 195 thermostat.
I wanted to drive from NJ to Vegas but had to cancel because of work. I had it shipped $1100 door to door 2541 miles.

Attachments

Barrman

Glad you have it going again. I have found 3 or 4 tanks of good fuel and lots of driving helps clear up the not wanting to wake up all the way long sitting engines.

White oily smoke is normally an indicator for a cold cylinder. How are your glow plugs? White puff ball smoke is coolant and should be looked at right away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks