• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Its FINALLY home! My new deuce...

FDNY129

After a few months of reading, learning, and searching,...I've finally found my first deuce and brought her home. I stayed up all night like a kid waiting for Santa to arrive. At 9am the transport called and said the were 10 minutes away.
It may not be OD, but its perfect for me! I'm a firefighter and love a sweet red truck.
Its a 1971 Am General Multi-fuel whistler. It was purchased by a Fire Dept up in New Hampshire, then auctioned off shortly into its career. Apparently they had command issues of some sort, and the new chiefs didn't want a deuce in the fleet. Seems silly to auction off such a clean truck, but hey, I lucked out and got a truck that's been cleaned, PM, and gone through all the way around.
Included in the sale was a fiberglass hardtop, pioneer tool rack, heater, troop seats, fire truck response lights, siren, and some other stuff.
It started with the first push of the button, in 25 degree weather after 3 days of sitting on a trailer.
I plan on installing Jatonkas spin on oil and fuel filters right away. Any other advice you guys have for my first 30 days? I plan on doing a thorough search of all the undercarriage and engine areas.
Also, I have a tiny air leak behind the air pressure gauge. If I wiggle the hose, it goes away. When I hit a bump, it shifts and leaks again. Its not a terrible leak, but when it sits for a week, the tanks will definitely be empty. I tried to tighten the fitting, and its as tight as it goes. Any advice? Should I get a whole new gauge, or just fix the hose?
Hope to meet some of you guys soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

70deuce

Red, black, orange or green. Its still a deuce and you WILL have fun with it. We have a couple of deuce brush trucks here locally and they look pretty cool in rd.

Congratulations Brother,

I like them red too. No wonder it was like waiting for Santa ...
Putting red and green together just makes it like Christmas year around.

Enjoy,
Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks