• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Its time but im undecieded..

cgah04

its time to buy that truck that ive always wanted but now im undecieded what i want. a2 bobbed with whistler or a3 stock.
both compareable to the same price 10-15 tho.. i like the manual trans on the a2 and the sound of the whistler turbo. i would def upgrade to super singles due to the main reason of me buying it is to drive it on the beach. i like how the a3 has the tire pressure system which i think it pretty cool and already has the super single on them. i love the look of the bobbed duece and figure i could probably get it done to the a3 costing a little more.. with the a3 being a pretty newer rig late 90s and powered by a cat motor and trans i see less problems coming from an a3. just curious what u guys have to say..

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have the cash, buy an A3. Please do not bob it. Granted, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As far as I am concerned, a bobbed M35 is a destroyed truck.
If it does not have one, you could always put a dropside bed on it to increase the useabilty factor.

cgah04

well the main reason for the bob is to decrease weight so i could drive it on the beach.. im just afraid that if i take a full sized m35 on the beach i will get it stuck and spend 100s gettin it off..

B3.3T

The 3rd. axle easily disperses the added weight. In fact a bobbed truck would be more likely to get stuck in sand.

cgah04

a dune buggy would be sweet but no room for cargo... so for beach driving its better off having all 3 axles? how is drivin a a2 without power steering?

Parker2

a dune buggy would be sweet but no room for cargo... so for beach driving its better off having all 3 axles? how is drivin a a2 without power steering?
Yes 3 axles are better for sand. You will have better floatation.
An a2 steers fine as long as you are moving. At a dead stop? Forget it.
You can always buy the air assist kit for the a2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks