• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ive got several Cat C12 Factory Service Manuals (pdfs) to Share

IridiumRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi everybody

Ive got several Cat C12 factory service manuals in .pdf format id like to share. Ive recently done a lot of work on my C12 (in 03 AMK25), and this stuff was invaluable for that. I did some maintenance (like running overhead, adjusting valves / injectors / jakes).

I also did some repair (i was concerned my oil pressure was a little low.... i ended up chaging the bypass valves & springs in the oil filter base, it brought the oil pressure up some, and also i learned a lot about the C12 oil systems high volume low pressure ideology, and am now comfortably w what would otherwide seem like low oil pressure on another engine type. I will do a searate post RE oil pressure soon, share what ive learned).

Anyways, these manuals were a lifesaver to me for, and are generally VERY impressive in terms of information, explanation, detail. The last project i did before this was doing major midlife rebuild on 2006 DT466 international, doing almost almost all of the hard parts short of doing inframe rebuild (did everything short of pulling head / oil pan)... truck w 15,000 hours on it, little maintenance... did turbo, injectors, HPOP, IPR, ICP, new seals relating to all that, etc. I have nothing but BAD THOUGHTS AND 4 LETTER WORDS for whoever wrote the international service manuals / other documentation / parts fiche & diagrams. Hard to use, poor explanations, OFTEN WRONG(!!), etc. A living NIGHTMARE!!. I did make everything work, but what a struggle. Terrible design, poor quality parts add to that mess too.

Anyways, the Cat C12 stuff is like a god send compared to that.

Ok, enough blabbing. I want to share these manuals, id like to upload them here to Steelsoldiers, i just dont know what the right place is. I dont have website where i could host them, and some are too big for me to email.

Off the top of my head, heres what i have:

ASSEMBLY AND DISASSEMBLY (very detailed description of how to remove and replace every engine component, often bolt by bolt)

SPECIFICATIONS (detailed description of specifications on all the engine components, 2 diff versions, one 182 pages, one 286 pages, + engineering drawings for most of the engine components too. Things like the oil pump, at 3,000 rpm (pump speed, it turns at diff speed then crank since its geared) is spec'd to do 49 gpm @ 52 psi (tho one of the oil bypass valves opens at 40psi to bleed off pressure above that). Yeah, that pump does almost a gallon per second(!)..... and theres a reason why with these trucks the oil pressure seems to start falling off (not increasing like you would think it would) above 40 psi...

FEATURES / IMPROVEMENTS Wasnt sure what to call this one, is a powerpoint type presentation about overall features, improvements to the C12 (and C10 as well). Kind of a sales type presentation, but fairly detailed. About 100 pages. Just interesting to me... gives some design philosophy as well. Did you know a C12 crank weighs 315 lbs??

TROUBLESHOOTING This one just like it says. For trying to find, fix various engine isssues

And theres a couple more at least too, but those are the most imoportant ones.

For the record i got these off of scribd, anyone else could do same, but might have to pay fee. And, it takes a while to dig thru and find all these and put them together.

Anyways, id like to share these w Steelsoldiers community, can someone point me to where the best place is? (I know it might require someone w admin rights assisting me). The larger files are in 10 to 15mb range, big enough to give me trouble emailing them (tho i havent tried zipping them down to see how much they compress).

Ok, will shut up..... for now anyways :)

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi everybody

Ive got several Cat C12 factory service manuals in .pdf format id like to share. Ive recently done a lot of work on my C12 (in 03 AMK25), and this stuff was invaluable for that. I did some maintenance (like running overhead, adjusting valves / injectors / jakes).

I also did some repair (i was concerned my oil pressure was a little low.... i ended up chaging the bypass valves & springs in the oil filter base, it brought the oil pressure up some, and also i learned a lot about the C12 oil systems high volume low pressure ideology, and am now comfortably w what would otherwide seem like low oil pressure on another engine type. I will do a searate post RE oil pressure soon, share what ive learned).

Anyways, these manuals were a lifesaver to me for, and are generally VERY impressive in terms of information, explanation, detail. The last project i did before this was doing major midlife rebuild on 2006 DT466 international, doing almost almost all of the hard parts short of doing inframe rebuild (did everything short of pulling head / oil pan)... truck w 15,000 hours on it, little maintenance... did turbo, injectors, HPOP, IPR, ICP, new seals relating to all that, etc. I have nothing but BAD THOUGHTS AND 4 LETTER WORDS for whoever wrote the international service manuals / other documentation / parts fiche & diagrams. Hard to use, poor explanations, OFTEN WRONG(!!), etc. A living NIGHTMARE!!. I did make everything work, but what a struggle. Terrible design, poor quality parts add to that mess too.

Anyways, the Cat C12 stuff is like a god send compared to that.

Ok, enough blabbing. I want to share these manuals, id like to upload them here to Steelsoldiers, i just dont know what the right place is. I dont have website where i could host them, and some are too big for me to email.

Off the top of my head, heres what i have:

ASSEMBLY AND DISASSEMBLY (very detailed description of how to remove and replace every engine component, often bolt by bolt)

SPECIFICATIONS (detailed description of specifications on all the engine components, 2 diff versions, one 182 pages, one 286 pages, + engineering drawings for most of the engine components too. Things like the oil pump, at 3,000 rpm (pump speed, it turns at diff speed then crank since its geared) is spec'd to do 49 gpm @ 52 psi (tho one of the oil bypass valves opens at 40psi to bleed off pressure above that). Yeah, that pump does almost a gallon per second(!)..... and theres a reason why with these trucks the oil pressure seems to start falling off (not increasing like you would think it would) above 40 psi...

FEATURES / IMPROVEMENTS Wasnt sure what to call this one, is a powerpoint type presentation about overall features, improvements to the C12 (and C10 as well). Kind of a sales type presentation, but fairly detailed. About 100 pages. Just interesting to me... gives some design philosophy as well. Did you know a C12 crank weighs 315 lbs??

TROUBLESHOOTING This one just like it says. For trying to find, fix various engine isssues

And theres a couple more at least too, but those are the most imoportant ones.

For the record i got these off of scribd, anyone else could do same, but might have to pay fee. And, it takes a while to dig thru and find all these and put them together.

Anyways, id like to share these w Steelsoldiers community, can someone point me to where the best place is? (I know it might require someone w admin rights assisting me). The larger files are in 10 to 15mb range, big enough to give me trouble emailing them (tho i havent tried zipping them down to see how much they compress).

Ok, will shut up..... for now anyways :)
Wow! I am sure we would love to have those manuals... The best place to post them is the TM Upload Section, that then gets placed in the right area. Link below:

One word of caution: The site only allows about 15mb uploads. We can push it through the back door if you can put your manuals somewhere we can access them. Like maybe DropBox?

IridiumRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The biggest one (I think) is 14.8 mb according to windows explorer

I'll try sending them through the link provided. Mainly just wanted to know where to put them (or try to anyways).

If needed, i might do dropbox, will have to think about that. Steelsoldiers has been very good to me, I'd like to give back now, as I can

As a sidenote, I've got a manual that covers 3126b cats (plus some others, but i know it does those).... its 3077 pages, 30mb. Not sure if that applies to any .mil vehicles. anyways. blah blah blah, i'm going to try uploading the MTVR C12 stuff

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The biggest one (I think) is 14.8 mb according to windows explorer

I'll try sending them through the link provided. Mainly just wanted to know where to put them (or try to anyways).

If needed, i might do dropbox, will have to think about that. Steelsoldiers has been very good to me, I'd like to give back now, as I can

As a sidenote, I've got a manual that covers 3126b cats (plus some others, but i know it does those).... its 3077 pages, 30mb. Not sure if that applies to any .mil vehicles. anyways. blah blah blah, i'm going to try uploading the MTVR C12 stuff
Yes sir. The idea for the upload section is that the TM's get put in the right space - so things aren't duplicated. THANKS a bunch for your offer to post them.

IridiumRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, i've uploaded at least 5. The C12 troubleshooting manual is 26mb, I'll have to think through what i want to do with that one. I dont have a dropbox account, i'm happy to get this file to someone who does have an ability to host.

I might get drop box account or something similar. I'll think about it.

Anyways, I'll call it good for now. Hope other people get some good use out of that info :)

Oh, btw, I went and looked, and that 3126b manual is 130 mb. Not sweating that one, bc i dont know if it applies to military trucks anyways

IridiumRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Note - i just put another one over there, its only a couple pages, but very useful. Shows engine diagram w sensors / electrical devices pointed out, along w the wiring for each... including wiring colors, including hot v common, and what connector they use.

This is for C12s / MTVRs (also C10s, few other things)

Just pointing it out here because it could be very useful for someone trying to troubleshoot or repair a C12, esp if new to the C12 and struggling w where to begin finding info

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks