• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I've searched and read, i still don't understand, HH trouble

poorman4x4

The little plate on the plunger shaft, is it up on the shaft during running operation or down? I don't understand how it stops the fuel from going to the HH? The little pin that connects to the plate, how does it lift it? Someone school me! with pictures! :-?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its more like a block of steel that slides up and down. When "down" it blocks the fuel from getting to the plunger. Help any? No pics right now, I'm at work.

poorman4x4

Gimpyrobb, thank you, its the simplest things, i was backwards on it, i thought it should go up to kill the fuel, if you ever come down to louisiana a nice cajun dish is on me, one more question how do you get it to stay "up" when installing the plunger sleeve pin and fuel cutoff rod back in the hole?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wear your anti-gravity suit!

Seriously, I have always installed mine with it at the bottom. You just have to align the pin on the shaft to go in at the right height. If you are worried about it slipping out, put some grease in the hole that "tit" goes in. It will hold it in place and then melt away when motor oil hits it.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the fuel block is at the bottom = no fuel, at the top = max fuel. there are 2 holes in the plunger the lower one charges it with fuel, when the top one comes out past the block it dumps the pressure so stops the fuel flow. the block must move freely and the pin must be engaged to control fuel which controls rpm.
read this tm, it explains everything in detail

TM 9-2910-226-34