• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

J code motor in other base vehicles

K45

I have a friend thats saling a 84 suburban that has 6.2 liter diesel was a base vehicle for an air force base. i was wondeirng if anyone would think they would swap the J code diesel motor with the higher HP than the cicivilan one? Would they service a vehicle just like a normal military vehicle? I have been curious about how non military spec base vehicles are taken care of espeically ones that have a military conterpart.

O yeah on a funny note if I get it can we count it as a military vehicle? :razz: it is painted air force blue. Maybe they let the B52 pilots train on the suburban before flying the big boy. Thanks yall.

K45

I know it is 3/4 ton it is 2500 model. Thanks. Any advantage of it being straight 12 volt and not having any of the 24 volt stuff?

1956_4x4

I spent my time in the AF maintaining vehicles. The Suburban would have been maintained on the same scheduled maintenance plan as the rest of the general purpose vehicles.

Smitty

AJMBLAZER

I spent my time in the AF maintaining vehicles. The Suburban would have been maintained on the same scheduled maintenance plan as the rest of the general purpose vehicles.

Smitty
What he said. When I was in the Marines 97-01 all of the civilian spec trucks and cars were serviced and "Based" out of the Civilian Motor Pool (CMP). They usually serviced them according to the various auto maker's "heavy use" service schedule.

12v vs 24v...well, being a perfectly normal 12v civilian Suburban that means any part you'd need would be available at any parts store. No need to find 24v stuff or folks who can service it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks