• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jack Stands for Deuce.

bbbang

I couldn't find jack stands that I liked or could afford so I decided to build my own with the help of a buddy. Set up the jig to keep them all uniform, and then built the first one last night (only tack welded up so far). I have a little drill press work and torch work left to do on the first one. When it warms up a little I am going to cut the rest of the parts with the chop saw, tack the other three up, and then a "bunch" of welding. I am going to build a set of four for now. Let me know what you think. I will post pictures of the finished product. Thanks. Chris

Attachments

bbbang

No. No leak problem with the 5 ton. I am actually building them to put under a Deuce to pull all the tires and wheels for a painter to do a good job on his paint. I do also plan to use them on the 5 ton. Chris

jasonjc

Those look good.
I use the 6 ton ones from HF and wal-mart have some nice ones some time also.
I want and may make some tall ones too hold frames up for painting ,like 3-4'.

ATC

If you wait and look for sales, you can usually find a pair of 6-ton jack-stands at Northern Tool for $20. I got a pair of them last year. Shoulda got a couple more pairs at that price...

LanceRobson

I use 12 ton jack stands because they let me work on the brakes, bearings etc at waist height or higher. It's a lot better for my back.

I buy them on sale at the local Parts Plus for around $50, or a little more, a pair.

Merry Christmas to all!

Lance

ATC

I use 12 ton jack stands because they let me work on the brakes, bearings etc at waist height or higher. It's a lot better for my back.

I buy them on sale at the local Parts Plus for around $50, or a little more, a pair.

Merry Christmas to all!

Lance

That would be nice, as I am 6'5" tall, but I don't have anything in terms of a jack that could get a Deuce that high :lol:

Capt.Marion

That would be nice, as I am 6'5" tall, but I don't have anything in terms of a jack that could get a Deuce that high :lol:
That's when Gimpy's cut up power poles come in handy... just stack them on top of the jack. When you max out the jack, pop the jack stands under, release the jack, add another block on top of it, and have at it again.

Used this to jack a tractor up off the ground that had fallen off jackstands. I was able to get it up to where I put all 4 tires back on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks