• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jacksonville Fl GL Deuces - Has the world gone mad?

flyusn99

Seriously, WTF?! Is there something I don't know about? I mean I previewed them and all, and there were some decent ones (decent but not a whole lot better) but even the dogs went high. $3K + for a hardtop wo/w with major rust issues? Did Saddam hide his pallets of cash in the air tanks? Just scratching my head......

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seriously, WTF?! Is there something I don't know about? I mean I previewed them and all, and there were some decent ones (decent but not a whole lot better) but even the dogs went high. $3K + for a hardtop wo/w with major rust issues? Did Saddam hide his pallets of cash in the air tanks? Just scratching my head......
That is in Florida that is why. They do not need to go out of state to get them.

3dAngus

Also, some of them went for scrap value, less than $2500. There were some good deals there for the scrapers in Fl.

3dAngus

I didn't know they were giving 18 cents per pound for iron!
Didn't mean that. Sorry.
Scrapper's don't drive them in. They pull the tires, instrument panel, anything they can make a buck on. Metal goes for 12.5 cents a pound. It's about $1800 or so for the carcass with blown engine and tranny in place.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the prices looked pretty good. Even the high ones looked comparable to auctions I've seen lately.

flyusn99

Jax insanity

Yeah, I know about the bobber movement, I also understand scrap value, I've scrapped a couple trucks and even after I sold off everything I could off the trucks I've never come close to $3500. I mean the axles go like hotcakes for $1300 and the hard tops for another 4-500ish but after that most of it is nickle dime stuff.
I'm just confused because I have a truck that runs like a champ, has only a couple places with light rust and have had it up for sale for $3500 here locally WITH a clear Florida title for 8 months with only a few nibbles. Then these trucks come up (and I only saw a couple of them go for $2500 before all the fees and taxes) and people go BatS#%t crazy for them. I'm just used to seeing hard-top winch trucks going for less at the GL sites only a couple hours away so these prices seem pretty strange (and high)..... Oh well, supply and demand I guess.....

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I got some reliable G-2 that a certain country has signed a contract with one of the big boys for some deuces, 900 series 5 tons in a certain northern state, and all the M1008's that can be delivered for a very nice price. Expect them to head for south america.

Dave08

I was watching as well and saw the prices. However, they seemed in line with what I have been seeing these past couple of months; am I wrong? I have never seen the deuces go for under $2500 with hard tops and winch trucks going for more if they are in running condition. Thoughts?
Dave08

SGT LongT

From what I understand there hasn't been an auction like this in Florida for a while so that might account for some of it. Also, just a thought, but what about other people getting serious about having reliable bugout vehicles. Heck I want to turn a Deuce or 5 ton into a MV RV. If I had the funds I would have been going for one of those myself aua I've got the Green Fever :jumpin::mrgreen:

surplusHQ

The average price on the M-35' sold in Jax today was $3419.23. The 5 ton wreckers at Wright Patterson average $3917 and the M-35's at fort Meade averaged $1938. People in Jacksonville have more dollars than sense!!

lavarok

From what I understand there hasn't been an auction like this in Florida for a while so that might account for some of it. Also, just a thought, but what about other people getting serious about having reliable bugout vehicles. Heck I want to turn a Deuce or 5 ton into a MV RV. If I had the funds I would have been going for one of those myself aua I've got the Green Fever :jumpin::mrgreen:
Come visit me when your ready to buy. I'll make you a fair deal on a M109.

3dAngus

Prices must have skyrocketed in the last 10 minutes in Jax. That's not what I saw. In the last ten minutes someone was bidding up all the deuces that were less than $2K, but I don't know what the final prices were as I was bidding on my own for another. Only deuce I saw at above $3K was Deuce W/W. guess I missed all the real action.

I would love to see a 5 ton wrecker go for $3917 anywhere. Missed that too. In the Southeast they go for twice that now. Prices are going up, but I don't think they are unreasonable for what you get. Hard to lose money in this stuff with these prices.

SGT LongT

SurplusHQ: You should probably trade mark or copyright you signature so GL can post it on their website and in really large signs at the pickup sites ;)