• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jacksonville, FL to Atlanta/Ga Rally

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Potentially need 1, possibly 2 Deuces picked up in Jacksonville and transported to Atlanta (30084)/Athens (30666) area. Probably won't be available for pickup for at least 3 weeks, maybe more. Would need to be picked up from Jacksonville DRM/GL (meaning the shipper would have to accommodate their hours)

Delivery would also be totally acceptable (if not ideal) to the Ga Rally in Union Point, Ga (see my signature line for more info) during the event (Oct. 19-23, 2011).

Much thanks

Clint & Clintogf (& Brian!)

Attachments

Last edited:

phil2968

I would love to help if I had the vacation to use but sadly I don't. :-( I still have Kenny's towbar and tow lights. Would be cool to flat tow one with one! That would be an adventure!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I still have Kenny's towbar and tow lights. Would be cool to flat tow one with one! That would be an adventure!
Having flat towed one from Little Rock, AR back to Alabama (with my Ford Ranger in the back of the tow vehicle) I can tell you it is not the adventure you think it is.

It is especially unnerving to be going 45 on the Interstate and having Peterbuilts passing you at 80 MPH. That one trip broke me of the long flat tow habit.

The best option in my opinion is a step-deck lowboy that needs a backhaul.

phil2968

We just came back from Ft Campbell with a M109 pulled by a M109.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/military-vehicle-road-trips/73193-m109-recovery-trip.html
755 miles one way. It was a lot of fun. A sore butt, but a lot of fun still. On level ground my truck could hold 57 mph! I would do the run for Clinto if I had the time off from work. Also pulled one out of Albany Ga to Florida and one more from Jax to Plant City through Orlando during rush hour on I4.

I like doing it! I'm dumb like that!

Last edited:

flyusn99

Jax pickup

Clinto,
I live about 5 mi from the Jax DRMO/GL lot and have plenty of space to store a few Deuces if the need arises. I'm planning on coming up to the rally but will already be loaded down. Let me know if I can help.

James

flyusn99

Recovry4x4,
Actually they have been there 4 yrs, if not a little more talking with Louis the GL site manager. I've been drooling over them for the last 2 years and he had said they were there for at least 2-3 before I started asking him about them then....

James

3dAngus

Most all the batteries are now listed as dead, so I just assumed they took the videos when they fiirst came on the lot. Probably a bad assumption. If they been there for 4-5 years, would the fuel still be good for a jump start or pull start? They seem to be running real nice in the video, and nothing like I would imagine a 4-5 year old near dead horse would with clogged and gelled up filters. Something just doesn't seem like it is adding up here.

Like they say, always best to screen before you buy. I would be down there Tuesday if I had room for one or two. Good luck.

Chief_919

Most all the batteries are now listed as dead, so I just assumed they took the videos when they fiirst came on the lot. Probably a bad assumption. If they been there for 4-5 years, would the fuel still be good for a jump start or pull start? They seem to be running real nice in the video, and nothing like I would imagine a 4-5 year old near dead horse would with clogged and gelled up filters. Something just doesn't seem like it is adding up here.

Like they say, always best to screen before you buy. I would be down there Tuesday if I had room for one or two. Good luck.
4-5 year old diesel will still work fine, even more so in a multifuel. Now how long it will work before the filters get clogged due to algae is another story.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto,

The guy who has been hauling for me can move two at once as long as they both aren't M 109's
(too high). PM sent

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks