• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

jake brake

FreightTrain

Banned
I did a search but didn't find everything.found it is possible though.Any one have the info on installing a set of jakes on a 5 ton 250 cummins?part numbers,pictures,how to,where to find,how much it cost,etc.I am buying a 5 ton to pimp out soon.turbo,bigger injectors,jake,straight piped,1600x20s.......

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can most likely scan and PDF a manual for a set of small cam brakes.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FreightTrain said:
so,these are small cam 250s in the civy world?
Kinda. They use common parts, but are different. You will need the 25B (old style) or 401B (new style) I think. Lemmie do some lookin' around.

supermechanic

you will run into hood clearance problems when installing a jake.
not much room between the valve rocker cover and the center hood brace as supplied.
some ingenuity will be required

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read an article (in MVM I think) where a National Gaurd Comander at a base in the Rockies added Jakes to several 5-ton wreckers as a field modification so they could hold the heavy loads going down hills and mountians. They had to add a raised section in the middle of the hood for clearance.

I've got a 290 Cummins with a turbo that I may consider parting out if you could use the turbo or injectors. I would also consider selling the whole engine.

FreightTrain

Banned
Super,Check my location....Nuff said.... rofl

How much you want for that entire cummins?Is it useable or a rebuildable core?Will a 290 bolt down in the place of a military 250?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No luck on the parts I thought I had. I only have an exhaust manifold.

MotorTMan

I was at Adelmans around Canton, Oh, and he had quite a few 800's with jakes on them. All were recognizable with a muscle car looking "air scoop" on the hood for clearance.