• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JATonka primary fuel filter

jollyroger

I saw all the hubub on the SS site about the JATonka filters and decided to get a primary fuel filter adaptor cause my primary is leaking. I called John and set up how to order. Great guy. Very personable. I sent him a check last Saturday. Subsequently I have not heard back, the check has not been cashed and I don't have a filter setup. I tried to call and left him messages on his phone yesterday. Normally waiting would not be a problem however I am leaving for hunting camp with the deuce next Wednesday and I was hoping to change the leaking primary fuel filter before then. John seemed like a straight up no B.S. kind of guy so I hope he has not had a problem or something. If he has had some mishap I don't want to bug him. I am sure someone on here knows him personally so just let me know how to proceede. Thanks.

Parker2

I have bought from him a few times. He's well known here and a stand up guy. He is some kind of contractor and seems to have been pretty busy lately. As he told me he responds best to email.

hippiedude

I met him some 4 or 5 weeks ago In chester CT. , saw his stuff and it looked real good .........I would try to call him .......... I don`t think you have anything to worry about .............. Tim

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John is a great guy, Im sure he'll get you squared away. He is one of the most honest guys in the business. have you tried email or PMing him?

jollyroger

Roger that. I was not insinuating that he was not a standup guy. Far from it. My check is still uncashed. I figured he just got busy or he did not get my check or something and I did not want to chap his hide by calling and bugging him. I would rather make friends and get parts in the long run rather then get what I need right now and that is the end of it. My urgency is just from needing to use the deuce to go to camp. It's not like it won't go with the filter leaking or that I can't dissassembal and fix it the old way before I go. I was just hoping to do the job right once with John's parts. I got online yesterday and his website was not available. All I had was his cell number and his address to send the check to. I suppose I could p.m. him. I will try that. Thanks.

dabtl

When it gets to you, it is a very quick to install. If he can get it to you by the time you leave, 20 minutes tops is all it will take to install it. You could put it on when you are traveling with an open end wrench if necessary.

He will get it to you. Do not worry.

jollyroger

Honestly I am not worried about him other than he is o.k. After thinking about it I am more worried that he did not get my check for some reason. Annyhoodle I sent him a P.M. and an e-mail. Also it is Labor Day weekend. Maybe the guy got out of town for a few days. I am sure he deserves it. :-D

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, but I see WIX filters on the adapters. I wonder if there are also complementary types to be had from Baldwin or other manufacturers for the adapters. I ask because WIX filters are hard to get over here.

Cheers,
Mark

jollyroger

I was taking the Labor Day weekend into account when I ordered as I sent the check last Saturday, Aug 29th, in the morning. It should have arrived Monday or Tuesday. Also why I called John's cell on Friday Sep 4th. It was late in the day. He is eastern time. I am mountain time. John's contact info is readily available and I know he makes himself accessible so he can sell stuff. The guy was great when I talked to him on the phone Aug 28th. Originally when I posted I was worried something had happened to him or that he did not get my check. In any case I have sent him a pm, an e-mail and left him a voice message yesterday. I am sure he will contact me when he gets a chance. I just wanted to check with the guys that know him to make sure everything was all right.

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How is your original filter canister leaking, should be an easy fix?

Mark, if you want to look for a matching non-Wix filter, it should be 40 micron and also work as a water separator (with a drain).

jatonka

Hello Jolly Roger and everyone, I am alive. I am not taking time off. I received your payment on Sept 2. I mailed package on Sept 4. I really hope it is at your address on Tuesday Sept 8 which is the first mail day after Labor day. Sorry for the worriment.

The Wix 33405 is also Napa 3405 and definitely crosses to Baldwin and others. The primary filter is also a drainable water separator and is 12 microns not 40. I have 40 odd multifuel trucks and use 9 of them regularly at work and parades. One of them is a pulling deuce that my boy runs at the local fair, it uses my oil and fuel adaptors to spin-on, it was equipped with an LDS465-1A motor at the military base and is also turned way up. The military did this, not us, I installed an EGT gauge and watch the temp go up like a tachometer when we get into it. Point being, it does not starve for enough fuel do to a tighter micron rating.

The secondary/final adaptors use Wix 33336 filters, they are 6 micron rated. I hope the cleaner fuel saves my expensive injection pumps for a long while.

Happy Labor Day to one and all, JT out

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All right John, but the original, per TM specified, primary fuel filter element is indeed a 40 micron filter. On my 8x8 with the -2 multifuel engine, it's a 50 micron filter/water separator.

GoHot229

As long as I'v been here in the forum, John's been (JaTonka) here. Yea probably you should have ordered earlier if there was a posability of that on your end acording to your agenda and time frame, with the four day weekend and all coming up. JaTonka has had only praise here on the forum, and noteing your not hurling rocks, just in a time bind, I think theres no harm-no foul here. I hope you get your stuff in time, but as another member said, it's just a fiew minuates to swap over honestly, mabe a half hour, if your cleaning off stuff as you go.

jollyroger

Roger that. I want to be clear. I was not at any time insinuating that JATonka John was a bad guy or a reperbate or abandonded his post. He has been to my experience and all the others on SS and other forums a top shelf guy. When I was checking the mail on Friday and did not see the package and then went home to see if the check had cleared and it had not been cashed I got worried. Stuff happens to people. Also stuff happens to the snail mail. I did not want to seem overly dramatic. I too am glad they did not get you John. [thumbzup] I was just coming into a time crunch and wanted to know if I needed to check this off my list or if I needed to dive in and fix what I had. I figured the people here on the site could advise me as to how to get a hold of John or if I should just leave it be. BTW Thank you JATonka for all the help so far and I will be ordering the rest of the spin on's from you when I need to change the filters again. And I will be posting up on how succesful the swap is and include pictures. Thanks to all for your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks