• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jatonka

Dodge man

The deal is, I don't have a clue what the shipping will be on the shifter boots to Manitoba, Canada because out 2 governments can't seem to understand that we are each other's greatest allies in the world. It is very expensive to ship to Canada and, I have to go to the post office to find out how much. I am not able to just drive down all day long. When I go home at night it's usually 9 or 10 pm and the PO is not open. I'm doing the best I can. JT

What's the problem with shipping to Canada? I do all the time* and I've never have a problem. BUT the receiver might have a problem, especially if you ship via UPS. IT seems that UPS has some "customs brokers" that they're partnered with. UPS turns the shipments over to them and they see how much money they can extort from the buyer! I avoid them by just shipping everything via USPS. You have to fill out a small custom's form but it's nothing but your name and address, the buyer's name and address and a two word description of the item and an estimated value and check boxes that says if the item is new or used and it's a gift or a commercial item. That's it, it takes less than a minute to complete the form.

From what I've been told, the Canadian Post delivers the package and then the Canadian revenue department sends the buyer a bill for the customs duty.

You can use Click-and-Ship on USPS's website to create an address label with postage and pay for it via credit card and then just drop the package in your mail box for pickup or at a post office. You can also use the USPS website to get shipping cost estimates including for Canada and other foreign countries. It takes only second to get a cost estimate.

*FWIW I just shipped a 20+ pound computer to Canada today. No problem what so ever. Also shipped packages to Hong Kong, Austria and Brazil today.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hmmm....I certainly want some of them boots....hope JT brings some to the Guntruck Gathering next week....I will have money....after I beg MB fer some:roll::jumpin::lol: