• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jedawson1 M37 preservation/restoration

jedawson1

Rodger that guys, I have downloaded and printed the manuals. Just need to determine if the connectors are Packard or Douglas, and what the differences are between the M37 and the M37B1 wiring.

My truck has a plug on the bottom passenger side of the dash curious if this is an outlet for a map light? TM's here I come.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that is the map light / trouble light outlet. Mine works and it is nice to have (of course I have the light - so that makes a difference).

Worth considering when you have your harness built.

Storm 51

jedawson1

Well I have determined that I have the Douglas connections, "metal connectors". My truck has already been upgraded to have turn signals, I'm happy about that. I'll email vintage wiring of main today and wait for him to call and discuss.

Thanks for pointing me towards a new harness, I like the thought of brand new over NOS, and it appears this gentleman provides guidance for installing his product.

MatthewH

I second the Vintage harness. Joe is an excellent guy to deal with, always great conversations when I call him.
The harnesses are a work of art, nicely taped up, everything fits good and where its suppose to.

jedawson1

Got a call out to Joe on the wiring, he already emailed me the price. It is expensive but quality isn't cheap and the peace of mind of having new equipment is worth it to me. I want my brake lights and turn signals functioning when I take my kids for a ride.

Kyle has the cab bolts off, we are going to call the sandblaster. Then we install the new leaf springs, shocks, break lines, master cylinder, wheel seals, do a bearing check, new pinion seals, and break drum & wheel cylinder job.

jedawson1

Does anyone know how to install the new cowl to hood weather strip? The old one is held down with what looks like little brass nails. Same for the front fender weather strips.

jedawson1

uploadfromtaptalk1402875025361.jpg
Removed all of the wiring, the cab, sprayed clean, applied zed industrial, waited 5 minutes and pressure cleaned again. The Zep worked great, I applied it undiluted which removed most of the old paint.

Working with Kyle (a teenager)is a lot like training a puppy, he doesn't know anything, he doesn't listen very well, but he's full of energy and eager to help.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hate to say it , but WE were ALL kinda like that at one time ! but look at us now !!! LOL

jedawson1

Got the truck re assembled and running. Gave her a quick wash this morning. The kids mine any my neighbors love riding in the back.

I have a parasitic draw isolated to the generator or regulator. Gonna need some help with electrical, it's not intended wheel house. I've been looking for the test adaptors for the generator and regulator but can't find them. It's the only way I can follow the manual for testing the battery drain. For now I just un plug ground when I park it.

Jason

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks