• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeep Cherokee stuck in mud pit

rubicon_in_ga

There's a much longer version of the same vid on YouTube somewhere. It's actually a diesel pickup truck, possibly an F350, if memory serves. After they rip out the front axle, they figure 'well it's already fubar'd, let's just keep pulling.' By the the time they get it out of the pit and up the embankment, the front axle is completely turned sideways and being dragged under the body of the Cherokee. It's a sad sight. But funny. :-D

Crash_AF

What really made me go :cookoo: was that they KEPT trying to yank on it with the front wheel buried like that. They really needed to lift on the front rather than pulling against the wall.

Perfect example of why brute force is not always the best course of action.

BTW: Was I the only one who was thinking that they should have read FM 20-22? All I could think was, "Man, that would be the perfect opportunity to use an A-frame pull to get it out. :lol:

Later,
Joe

BugEyeBear

Wow!

What a bunch of "Effin' Idiots"!!

The front passenger's wheel is buried in the mud and their solution is to "give it a good yank"!!

Not exactly a Mensa Society outing there!!

I think I heard somone say,
"Golly Gee Wiz, is Daddy gonna be rilled up when we drag what is left of his Jeep back home to the trailer park!!" :razz:

tm america

thats great gotta love how weak the control arm mounts are on a jeep.ive seen guys do that getting pulled out by other jeeps even ripped the rear off to since the axle was catching on a root:roll:

GoHot229

I did something simmilar, but with much different results. A Silverado 4x4 with honk konkus big tires was in a pond here in NC. in about a foot and a half of water. A place where all the youngsters go to party it up a bit (they actually behave to some extent.....really) The Silverado was up to the doorjam in the water, the wheels/tires completly burried, with about 8 inches above the sand which it was mired in, so over three quarters of the tires were under sand with the remaining 8-10 inches in water. Now mind you these were probably 40's 0r thereabouts, boggers mabe 12-14 inches wide, and all four underground. I hooked up the winch and almost imediatly lost the shear pin, I expected that.... oh well. So I turned around with the rear to him and about 15 foot of chain.....yea chain..... Bottom line, I got him out and didn't break/tear/or mangle anything......but.... If I had a snach-rope or flat-strap it would have been SO SO SO much better than the instant jar/jerk of a chain, which by the way I streached straight a hook similar to whats on a Deuce winch, yea straightened it right out. What I'm getting at is, the proper tool is a strap/rope designed to streach and contract, a chain is only going to jar-tear stuff up. In all that back and forth with the Deuce, it must have took 20-30 pull/jerks to finally free him. During that I'm thinking this cant be good for the Deuce, I only lost/damaged one thing, I lost a tail light bulb fillament due to the snach-jarring of the episode trying to pull him out.....not bad I guess. I dont think I'll attempt those type recoveries anytime soon again. I see here they were useing a strap. Boy would a wreaker have been the ticket, up and out, mabe it would still have an axle under it, (Pointed the right dirrection, not right angle)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks