• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeep emblem

emr

Its a key ring with out the ring, i bought a few from a magazine many years ago, still have one on my M38 key,
promotional thing, thats all but cool still the same, randy

Jones

Thanks for the response but mine came off of a 1950 Jeep Utility (station wagon) I used to own. Thought they all had them but mine is/was the only one I ever saw the emblem on.

acetomatoco

They were on the dog leg outside of some of the early wagons and pickups... sorta like the pentagonal star that chrysler used for years...ACE

Jones

Ace, that's where this one was; on the pass side down low by the rear tip of the fender. Musta be a short-lived thing. Can't be too many of them out there.

carguy455

As a kid my neighbor had an old Jeep wagon as his "yard buggy", I remember staring at that emblem because as far as I knew then a Jeep was a Jeep, made by the Jeep corp [ this was the 70's ] the Willys-Overland threw me, because being a fan of antique cars I thought an Overland was a car..no concept of corporate mergers and such being probably younger than 10 back then...

Pretty obvious to everyone even back then that I was gonna be a gear-head. :roll:

NB1944

I have no doubt that this emblem was modeled after the original ID tags attached to the inside frame rail on early MBs just behind the front bumper. It would seem that they kept the same idea, modified the ID badge a bit (to reflect the Jeep logo), and relocated the ID badge to a less obvious place (perhaps that was done to avoid losing the ID in the event of a front-end crash).

carguy455

Not sure why they did it, but I do know it looked cool as "heck".

I saw one in the junkyard a while back that had the outline of the emblem and the holes for it but the emblem was long gone..... :(

emr

Being a self proclaimed Jeeper, First thing i ever drove and will have till i die, i have to say my post makes me feel stupid, but i just was not thinking i guess, But i really do have a key chain like that :D..and it is very nice and authentic too...Randy

Jones

Randy, You're right about the design being made into a keychain too. I just recently found one and got to pay a pretty penny for it. Still, it's a neat piece.
My first Jeep was an MB and it looked like it had been to war but ran great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks