• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeff City M1009 EUC approved.

bbbang

My EUC was approved in 5 days on the M1009 I purchased in Jefferson City. I will pick it up this week, weather permitting. I am planning on doing a build on this vehicle over the winter. Should be a fun project. I have been searching for axles/differentials for this build, and have been shocked at the expense of Dana's and 14 Corporates. A friend found a complete Chevy 4x4 3/4HD donor for me today, with everything (transmission, transfer case, springs, etc, etc) but an engine, and all in great shape with 4:11 gears, for a few hundred dollars. I am going to swap out the underneath. Depending on the shape of the engine I may or may not do an engine swap for a hot small block chevy, at this point. I plan to put a lift kit on and put 35" tires and wheels underneath. I will post pictures along the way. I have been impressed with the builds, current and past on this site.

Attachments

jag7720

bbbang,

If you decide to do an engine swap, let me know, I'd be interested in the diesel engine if the price were right.

I am in Kansas City.

Texis

Q: Can the vehicles be picked up prior to the issue of the EUC / title, etc.

PS...nice truck, I'm still bidding and looking for mine. If your axles fall through, try the ColoradoK5 forum, typically a fair amount of that stuff in there.

Last edited:

bbbang

M1009 Pickup

You have to have an approved EUC from the feds and a paid invoice from GL in hand to pick the unit up from the base. The title will arrive at some point latter, probably a couple of months, and they charge you extra for the same, I believe it is $60.00. My titles in the past have always been issued out of Florida from G.L. I am going to take a truck and trailer to Jeff City if the freezing rain ever quits here, and winch it on the trailer, strap it down and bring it home. Chris

bbbang

M1009

I have been working on the M1009 that I got in Jeff City. It is still a work in progress, I am putting a 454 in place of the diesel. I thought some of the folks might be interested in a couple of pictures. I am about 1/2 way finished.on the conversion and waiting on a bunch of parts. Chris

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks