• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerry Can Carrier

JimmyThompson

Apparently the most recent manufacturer of these things (Blitz) has filed Chapter 11 and ain't making them any longer! Anybody know where I can get some without paying the price of $150 on ebay?!!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So are you wanting the carrier or the jerry can?

I have a few of the carriers laying around and I have seen them for sale for around $15 online. The cans are another matter. I got lucky and bought a bunch for $12 recently from a scrapper but I had been looking awhile. For cans, haunt the garage sales in older neighborhoods. $5 to $10 should get you some. Check for rust inside.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I see them on eBay and at swap meets. Most I'd pay for a used GI one is about $15. $20 with a good strap.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I got 3, come get them, a dozen dunkin donuts strawberry or raspberry filled donuts would be a good trade
Lol meet ya in Dunwoody tomorrow! 912-996-1887
I am in Gainesville, which is NORTH of the big A, not worth the gas to drive to DW, that is WHY I posted the above.

Don't worry, they are not going any where, (well unless I get a better donut offer), just call ahead to make sure, 703-389-6795, it is not like they are going to get up and run away, so when it is convent for you when your up in this area

TVOLLMER

I run an Outdoor power equipment store in Sandy, OR and sell the jerry cans and holders. You are right about blitz going out. I checked inventory and the warehouse up here has 3 holders left. They only come in red so you will have to paint them like I did. Go to any small engine repair store that sells Briggs and stratton parts and tell them you want an OPE part # 42-989, and they should be able to pull it from my warehouse up here.

Cruceno

I know where you can get 150! :shock:

Just found this on GL here locally....

Edited to remove link. 150 Jerry can brackets being auctioned on GL . Thanks Beerslayer, I forgot the rules on this forum are different than some others I read.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ford Mechanic

I have one that I'm fixin to take off my truck, tired of stepping on it already. As soon as I remember to bring my grinder home to cut the bolts. PM me if interested

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were literally dozens for sale at the GA Rally this past weekend. I sold a NOS one for $10.