• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerry can project

SMOKEWAGON66

If muriatic acid is hydrochloric acid, then its a really weak form of it. I used to use muriatic acid all the time to clean my pneumatic dry bulk tanker trailers...takes concrete dust off the aluminum pretty good. Just had to wash it down with water fairly quickly is all...

Deuce007

Looks better than new. What did you clean off the spout with. Looks good.

And how do you acid etch the inside with muriatic acid? Is this something where you just pour it in and shake it around?
I rubbed down the spout with sandpaper and washed it off with gasoline and sprayed it a medium gloss black. the tank itself I just rubbed down with sandpaper and primed it with white rustoleum and the finished color was a nature green.

DeucesWild11

Speaking of Jerry cans,

Anyone know where I might find a cap seal and spout for my USMC Jerry can?

Hopefully in the Atlanta, Ga area.
CycleJay, I believe I bought a brand new spout with seal just like the one shown in the original pic except it is a shiny new spout..from Kenny Kublos when I was at the Sussex show. He may still have some, check him out at Kublo's Military Surplus

Can't be too much to ship it..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks