• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Joined the 5 ton club yesterday with a 1985 M923A1

meyerhvac

Banned
Have you found a cargo cover for your truck?
No, I did not have any luck finding a cargo cover yet. But I did recover THE M923 yesterday from Sparta and got it home last night, I had a few issues but nothing major. 4 hours to get from the north side to the south side in Chicago took what would have been a nice trip into PITA.

Hooper

No, I did not have any luck finding a cargo cover yet. But I did recover THE M923 yesterday from Sparta and got it home last night, I had a few issues but nothing major. 4 hours to get from the north side to the south side in Chicago took what would have been a nice trip into PITA.
What is PITA? I drove my A3 right through Chicago in 2010. It wasn't bad until I got on 80/94 going east, then the speed of cas coming up from behind got scary. Me=45mph, upcoming cars=90 mph= not good. I can't tell you how many times I thought I was going to get rearended. Glad you had a good recovery. I'm going friday to get mine from a friends.

meyerhvac

Banned
Made it home last night. Long cold trip. Truck ran great, 63 mph at 2000 rpm all the way.
Awesome! How many miles did you have to drive? When I drove mine it was running at 2300 rpm and speedo only said 60. I did have some air related problems, the little valve that senses coolant temp that engages the fan clutch started leaking air and engaged the clutch all the time. I pulled the truck over and cleaned out the spring and the rubber seal. It made it almost all the way home and then started doing it again about 30 miles away. But anyway glad you made it.

Hooper

Awesome! How many miles did you have to drive? When I drove mine it was running at 2300 rpm and speedo only said 60. I did have some air related problems, the little valve that senses coolant temp that engages the fan clutch started leaking air and engaged the clutch all the time. I pulled the truck over and cleaned out the spring and the rubber seal. It made it almost all the way home and then started doing it again about 30 miles away. But anyway glad you made it.
The big tires must make the difference. At 2300 I was doing 69. Had no problems with the truck. Left Menomonee Falls at 3pm and arrived in Grand Rapids at midnight. Would have made better time but had to take a hour detour for my wife and was in grid lock traffic on the Dan/Ryan for 2 hours. Total trip was 300 miles. It's nice to have it home, now I can clean the windows so I can see out of them instead of my peep hole.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks