• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Joining the HMMWV club

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all. After watching auctions for the past several months, I finally pulled the trigger on a 1990 4 door out of Whitehall, OH. Now, I am just playing the waiting game. My EUC was submitted to the TSC on July 3rd. Who is the TSC by the way?

Hopefully things go through quickly and I am able to pick my HMMWV up and have a weekend or two to go through it before the fall rally in Haspin :grin:.

1990_HMMWV3.jpg1990_HMMWV2.jpg1990_HMMWV1.jpg1990_HMMWV4.jpg

Wire Fox

Hi all. After watching auctions for the past several months, I finally pulled the trigger on a 1990 4 door out of Whitehall, OH. Now, I am just playing the waiting game. My EUC was submitted to the TSC on July 3rd. Who is the TSC by the way?

Hopefully things go through quickly and I am able to pick my HMMWV up and have a weekend or two to go through it before the fall rally in Haspin :grin:.

View attachment 688549View attachment 688548View attachment 688547View attachment 688550
Welcome to the club. We wear pink on Wednesdays.

The TSC is Trade Security Controls. They do what they want. We just get used to it.

NormB

Welcome to the madness.

Nomenclature is important. Download the manuals and print them at Kinko's or your work laser printer - they're several thousand pages that make great bedtime reading. There WILL be a test. ;-)

shawnshumvee

View attachment 688549View attachment 688548View attachment 688547View attachment 688550
Nice Rig! What's under the hood? 6.2 or 6.5? The ECU will probably take about 90 days if its your first time? You will get an email with your item release. I won my Humvee in march and didn't get the item release until August.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I will have to change my wardrobe up a little then, I typically wear pink on Tuesday.

Nice Rig! What's under the hood? 6.2 or 6.5?
It has the 6.2. The mileage was a little higher than I originally wanted at 38k but I figured it must have been a good runner since they drove it! The truck looked decent from the photos and the video. Too bad GP doesn't let you preview their items like GL did.

The ECU will probably take about 90 days if its your first time?
This is my first time with GP but I've had a M923A2 I bought through GL about 3 years ago. I don't know if that helps any or not.

I'm looking fw to relocating it to its new home and getting a chance to get the PM's started. My wife is a lot less excited about me getting it home. She is a fun sponge when it comes to my fascination with military vehicles. When I broke the good news to her she asked, are you selling the "big truck"? What a silly question!

General Hood

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I will have to change my wardrobe up a little then, I typically wear pink on Tuesday.

It has the 6.2. The mileage was a little higher than I originally wanted at 38k but I figured it must have been a good runner since they drove it! The truck looked decent from the photos and the video. Too bad GP doesn't let you preview their items like GL did.

This is my first time with GP but I've had a M923A2 I bought through GL about 3 years ago. I don't know if that helps any or not.

I'm looking fw to relocating it to its new home and getting a chance to get the PM's started. My wife is a lot less excited about me getting it home. She is a fun sponge when it comes to my fascination with military vehicles. When I broke the good news to her she asked, are you selling the "big truck"? What a silly question!
Welcome from Oklahoma, and may you have many years of enjoyment out of your new MV. Let your wife drive it a time or two and maybe she'll warm up to it. In fact, that's why I have 2 HMMWVs now, a His and a Hers.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter

WELCOME. Best o luck! Nice looking rig.

Not sure if Wire Fox is actually known as Foxxxy in the outside World. Pink Wednesdays might reflect a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" newer program I was unaware of...???... :):p:cool::lol:rofl

Today is casual Friday, so I'm prancing around in the office "sans clothing".

Read, then decide what you want to accomplish. Repairs, upgrades, restoration, mods, clarification of the TM's (technical manuals)...

TM's/Technical Manuals are all on the website, so don't buy any.

Best,

T

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Not sure if Wire Fox is actually known as Foxxxy in the outside World. Pink Wednesdays might reflect a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" newer program I was unaware of...???... :):p:cool::lol:rofl
Of all things it could be, it's actually a quote from Mean Girls. One of those many movies out there that you dread the prospect of having to go see, but once dragged to it and forced to watch, you realize that it was actually pretty **** funny and worthwhile. I don't think I'd sit down all the guys to watch it over a couple of beers, but it's perfect material to enjoy with the girlfriend or wife. I've been called Foxxxy before, though. With a handle/alias like Wire Fox, it comes with the territory. There's a lot worse names to be called...

TM's/Technical Manuals are all on the website, so don't buy any.
Yup. If you can't find it here, on LiberatedManuals.com, or on the LOGSA ETM website ALL FOR FREE, then it's probably not actually approved for public release and therefor pretty questionable to have a copy of it. Only time I would buy a manual (and HAVE bought a manual) is when it's a physical, printed copy. Paper, toner, and binding material isn't free, so it's only reasonable to pay $4-20 for a printed manual from time to time.

shawnshumvee

Na! Took me exactly 4 weeks! And it was my first EUC...
You were lucky or you must have know someone or something happened because 4 weeks isn't the norm if it's your first time. They even state that fact on the GL website, but hey, let's hope it does take only 4 weeks that would be great! I just didn't want to give any false hope.

Last edited:

shawnshumvee

Na! Took me exactly 4 weeks! And it was my first EUC...
You were lucky or you must have know someone or something happened because 4 weeks isn't the norm if it's your first time. They even state that fact on the GP website, but hey, let's hope it does take only 4 weeks that would be great! I just didn't want to give any false hope.

Bravojmc

You were lucky or you must have know someone or something happened because 4 weeks isn't the norm if it's your first time. They even state that fact on the GP website, but hey, let's hope it does take only 4 weeks that would be great! I just didn't want to give any false hope.
I don't understand...? Doesn't your first time happen real fast..? ;)
lol welcome to the ADDICTION!

jeffy777

Last year in June I won a bid and in September my EUC was cleared and January I got the title and plates. It is a process. Once you have the HMMWV you will forget about the wait. Then you might find yourself getting another one, cause your in love with it (and probably a little crazy). (I am not saying that is me... but that is me... love me my HMMWV's)

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After what seemed like forever, I got the email I was cleared to pick it up. Wednesday is the only day in the week they allow pickup so I'm going in the morning! I can't wait. I probably won't be able to sleep tonight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks