• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JP-8 Fuel

deuceaid

Banned
basicaly your talking about a mix between diesel and kerosene,,,,, good enough for mechanical diesel engines,,, and jet turbines........ buy some diesel and thin it down with some kerosene...

as a good example.....a cheap honda genset burning jp8...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf-zUsIT4W4[/media]

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I regularly haul 140,000 gallons at a time of the stuff... sometimes I get lucky and can get some 'waste' fuel when they clean a tank out or send a refueling truck to maintenance.

I've burned it in many different diesel engines. Mixing it with regular diesel, some 2 stroke, WVO, or WMO, and it burns just fine.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JP-8 is highly refined kerosene, with three types of additives - antifreeze, corrosion inhibitor, and biocide. It does not jell or get crystals down to -47 degrees C, algae supposedly won't grow in it and the corrosion inhibitors helps to break gunk from the surfaces it contacts. The difference between it and Jet-A is in the strength and composition of those three additives. If burning it in a deuce, add some oil or Opti-Lube to increase lubricity.