• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jump start 931a2

Status
Not open for further replies.

M925

The TM DOES have a section on "What if the truck will not start." It says stuff like clean the terminals, make sure they are tight, and add water to your batteries.

It's in there.....If that doesn't work it says notify your supervisor! LOL good luck on that one.

You could always take them out and go have them tested....

I got TWO 1,700 CA batteries from O'Rieley's for $100 each (NEW just sat on the shelf too long, new fluids)! The bastards are about 120 pounds each! RIGHTEOUS SCORE!

(I fried mine by jumping starting it!) Slow charge, slow charge, slow charge, 2 amps per hour.

Once I asked a question about using a winch and Doghead gave me **** about not reading the TM. I read the TM thoroughly and he was right, I was about to take the winch apart to look for obstructions.

I think both sides are right...people come here for conversation...if it reading the manual is all you need then post a big website and saying READ THE TM, and be done with it....but people come here for conversation.

Sometimes the TM is vague, the TM for the 5 ton really doesn't say what to do with the accessory wires when you go to two batteries....

Reading the TM saved me from doing something stupid.......doghead was right.....I asked the same question about batteries last week....he gave me **** again.....I figured it out.

The batteries are wired like a ladder both sets - to - and + to + and both sets - to +. Please see my thread The Series Parallel GOSPEL!

The way it's set up doubles the amps and doubles the volts. Two Big Ass batteries will do the trick.

(One spark could blow your ass up).

Last edited:

Gunzy

It's one thing to recommend to read the TM, it's something completely different to give someone a bunch of crap about a question. The TM's can be VERY vague and a straight answer from some one who has the answer is a lot more constructive than some of the BS I've seen slung around here. If you really want to continue recruiting people to the MV hobby cut the BS. I was always told, "If you don't have some thing nice to say just keep your mouth shut" or in this case your fingers off the keys.

Carlo

I wish we lived closer. I would be happy to give you a hand. I am afraid of 24 volt sparks and I'm not embarrassed to state this! You did right asking for help and feel free to ask me anytime for help.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And they chase away another new member to the MV club. That's to bad, some of you really need to learn how to be more constructive and less destructive. People ask questions to learn, not to be abused.
And what exactly was destructive about me asking if he has read the Operators Manual and if he understands the basic operation of his truck? Those are VERY valid questions.

I took the time to review his other posts to see where he was coming from. Did you?

The Operations Manual does tell him what to do with his problem. While it doesn't tell him how to charge a battery it does provide the information on how many there are, what type they are (12v, and yes I know he didn't say they where 6v), how they should be wired, what to do if they are discharged, how to jump start, etc, etc.

Have I read every single manual? Not on your life. But I have glanced at enough of them to know where to look if I do have a question.

Sure we can spoon feed the answers to everyone's questions but what good does that do? The website was down for a week. People couldn't ask their questions. What did they do? If they had downloaded and saved the manuals before hand, they could have tried helping themselves. I have copies of the manuals I use all the time on each computer I work at (dozens).

Status
Not open for further replies.