• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jumping out of High range

pdstout

Guys, one of my Deuces jumps out of High range when I Shift gears. Would this be a adjustment problem of a bad transmision? I had to put a strap on the lever to get it home from Redstone. As long as the strap was tight the truck ran fine with no problems. I took the strap off and the truck fumps to nutral when I shift. Help?
Thanks, P. Stout

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran into a guy once that had the same problem of the Xfer case jumping out of high range. I don't know what caused his problem, but I do know that the Xfer case was dissasembled and deemed to be unrepairable economically. He put in another case and his problem was solved.

mtnrebel

a very good reliable source told me, the synchronizer gear is going to the bad. mine is doing it, too. just a good ole bungy cord will hold for awhile, then it wont hold no more.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Before I did anything internal to the TF case I would try to adjust the linkage. Remove the center covers (a booger if the bench seat is in) and check the linkage....you can take out the pin and spin the clevis end to make the shaft come out or go in farther.
Once you get the covers off you can see how the lever actuates the HI/LOW function of the TF case.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
????? the shifter fork for the transfer case has ball and spring detents. only the lever is adjustable, not the position of the fork. could be a broken spring, most likely need new transfer.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there is a detent that is serviceable from the outside. Let me go look at the TM.
After looking, IIRC, the detent is accessable from a plug on the top drivers side or from under the plate on top of the case assembly.

Last edited:

Irv

Jumping out of LOW range

I have the opposite problem. My deuce pops out of low range and I have to strap it down to the floor to keep it in low. Same fix? Ball/spring detent? Linkage adjust? Exorcist?:tin hat:

barrygar8

my son was falling out of high we pulled top cover and found that the bolt that holdes the fork was not in the detent in the shaft moved it and no problems