• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jumpseat in M1009

Brutusdog

Anybody ever add an extra 'jumpseat' in the back of an M1009? I have 4 kids and a wife. We can't all fit. I am looking for suggestions. I remember the station wagons of my childhood sometimes had rear facing seats. Your thoughts, ideas, and pictures would be appreciated.

southdave

I do the roof rack thing, mine would love it, kind of Nat. Lamp. Vacation thing. serious note thought I look into this maybe use the jump seats out of a ford ranger and put the spare out side

niferous

You could probably just mount a rear M1009 backwards. You may be able to just mount one up against the tailgate area too though. Maybe find someone with an M1008 and troop seats and just trade them? :-D

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
My plan for if we have a 4th child is to put a center seat between the 2 front seats. Kind of like the F150's have that is an armrest/console then also functions as a seat when needed. Seems like it would be much simpler then adding a rear facing seat.

Lawrence of Arabia

I put a bench seat out of an M1008 and it is so much more comfortable. I still needed one more spot so I searched on ebay and found these jump seats. When I get them in I will be able to put all seven of us in it. I think these were out of a Nissan. I couldn'nt believe the upholstery was almost identical to the CUCV upholstery.

Attachments

taquito971

There is a company called littleseats.com they sell third row seats for all kinds of SUVs. I have on in my JK and the boys love it! With friends or extra kids we can seat 8 in there. They sell singles too. Only downside is they aren't cheap. Might consider just adding an aftermarket single bucket if you can fab up a mount for it.

Brian

ralbelt

I have been looking at M1009's and was thinking that if I moved the rear seat up against the tail gate then add the two jump seats in the middle and there might be a narrow space between them to access the rear seat.

Somemedic

FJ40's had jump seats in the rear. Dont know what Nissan those seats came out of but do post when you find out. Maybe a Nissan Patrol??

jatonka

When we got a new Jeep Cherokee and were raising 9 children, I bought a seat that went behind the rear seat, it's back was against the back of the original rear seat, bolted to the floor and had 2 seatbelts too. those guys got in and out through the rear hatch, they usually preferred it back there cause they got away with more than the 3 right behind mother and me. I still have the seat, not the Cherokee, JT out

Last edited:

4bogginchevys

I was thinking a couple swivel seats out of an 80's chevy van. I know some of the models were for trips and stuff and had dual swivel seats behind the captains chairs. These seats could be mounted easily to the floor and are also completely removable, just leaving the base part of the unit. If you bought about a whole setup of seat covers you wouldn't need to match colors of junk yard seats at all. you could even get captains chairs instead, but they wouldn't be removable to haul plywood or long stuff though. I bet you could also use cool fasteners for the rear seat so that it is easily removable aswell. good luck:-D

cucvrus

I used a seat from a 90's era Silverado pickup in my M1009 Mule. I used 3/8" X 3" flat bar and bolted it to the original floor nuts and then studded with 3/8" elevator bolts thru the flat bar to accept the new pick up truck seat. I also removed a seat from a Chevrolet Kodiak 6500 and it worked and fit the same way. I also used the seat belts and the existing holes in the M1009 floor to anchor them to. Very easy and no holes were drilled in the existing floor. I try and do everything non permanent so I can return it to original if I so desire or the next owner so desires. I like original un molested vehicles. I walk away from a lot of deals when I see hacking and rigging. I ain'ts got no time for that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks