• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a "few" bad spots!

Todd Haley

[color=blue>Hi]
Well, got the frame done and finally got the body in the garage. Here's a few pics of it. Like they say,"how do ya eat an Elephant? One bite at a time!" I think I'll wear out a whole pac of forks on this one! :eyes: :roll: :lol: [/color]

<FONT face=System color=#0000ff>

MVtrucker

My 1945 MB was in almost exactly the same condition. My side panel was also cut out for a CJ gas tank fill spout, but the hole on mine was much larger and all of the hardware for the ax holder was missing, as were the holes for the side pad cushions and footman loops. I did some research and came up with the pictured specifications. I don't know if these apply to your early Ford or not. Because the end pieces of the gas tank well were still in place, I was able to fabricate a new well. Reproduction wells are available.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Todd, that doesn't look so bad. I only spied a few holes! LOL
The Script MB body is so worth saving!

Todd Haley

[color=blue>MB!!! [:)] [/color]
[color=blue> I]opening out level with the floor! [:(!] [/color][/b]

[color=#0000ff></FONT>[/b]

<FONT] Thanks Joe for the drawing, I think they are the same. I'll need that to fix the passenger side for sure.[/color]

MVtrucker

You're welcome, Todd. My MB tub was in really bad condition. I had to fabricate the shock covers, gas tank well, driver's side area where the gas tank filler hole was, a lot of the area indented for the ax and shovel, complete rear deck and a lot of floor area. Seats, gas tank and windshield were all CJ2 and almost all of the little things, like oil can and holder, grease gun and bracket, tire pump and so much more were missing. I'm neither a body man or welder, so I took a course at a local vo-tech and learned by that and hands on work. I had to buy a MIG and spot welder, but they've been handy ever since. I quit logging labor hours after 976. I was well rewarded by winning a 1st Place Aberdeen East Coast Rally years ago. The biggest compliment paid to me was when one of the judges asked "Are you sure this body is not a reproduction?". I had the photo album with me that shows the whole restoration.

None of the original military markings were on it, so I copied from a photo in my father-in-law's WWII photo album that shows him with the Jeep he drove. Click on link below for more. One pic shows him in France, WWII, and another of him posing in front of my MB fifty years later.

http://hometown.aol.com/mvtrucker/page1.html

If I can be of more help, let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks