• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a few reasons it's good to own a CUCV...

pistonium

So you can pull the 10 wheel dumptruck (that just dumped 12 yards of gravel in your driveway then got stuck) up the hill......

And as I learned just this morning, so you can drive through and over the tree that the wind blew over into the road without worrying about the grille or the paint; (although after the second branch slapped harmlessly but very noisily into the windshield, not without some second thoughts!). (I know, not very community spirited, but I didn't have a saw, I got out and it was too big to drag by hand, and I was running a fever and felt like s***, so I just 'went for it' - all came out OK, but the neighbors had to cut it up instead of me).

M1009

I had video surveillance installed onto my house after a couple of *******s tried to steal my F-250 twice in two weeks, then they tried to take it even after the video was installed - one night I just happened to park my CUCV next to it in the driveway then like clockwork at 0300 they walked up looked into the F-250 then realized what was parked next to it and hi-tailed it out there. They must of thought the owner might of had a few guns (they were right)

True Knight

I had video surveillance installed onto my house after a couple of *******s tried to steal my F-250 twice in two weeks, then they tried to take it even after the video was installed - one night I just happened to park my CUCV next to it in the driveway then like clockwork at 0300 they walked up looked into the F-250 then realized what was parked next to it and hi-tailed it out there. They must of thought the owner might of had a few guns (they were right)
Ha ha, now they know who not to mess with!

YslashN

I gotta tell ya'll after reading all of this you all have me CRAVING to find an 09 or 08. I've always WANTED one but now i think everybody can agree that i NEED one. Shoot i bet ol' red (my 79 chevy c30) would love to sit right next to one

sarge1

I gotta tell ya'll after reading all of this you all have me CRAVING to find an 09 or 08. I've always WANTED one but now i think everybody can agree that i NEED one. Shoot i bet ol' red (my 79 chevy c30) would love to sit right next to one
They really are a lot of fun to own....if you can do at least minor maintenance yourself. Otherwise, prepare to spend too much money keeping it going. I'm borderline in that exact thing, but can do just enough I haven't burnt through my bank account yet. :)

My 1008 gets 3X the looks my '06 fire breathing cammed out, long tube header yellow and black Mustang gets when I'm driving them around; and my Mustang is a show winner! MV's 1, performance cars 0.

linx310

Because they were probably used by Doc Brown to transport the flux capacitor since he knew they cant reach 88 mph, even with a hover conversion or being pushed by train.

jward37

When you are offroad and come across an unknown stretch filled with water, you can put it in 4-wheel HI, floor it, and hop through the end of the stretch, 3 foot holes not a problem. Watch for a bow wave above the roof if it's a smooth stretch of road though

Disciple

Because they were probably used by Doc Brown to transport the flux capacitor since he knew they cant reach 88 mph, even with a hover conversion or being pushed by train.
I know it looked like that one was being pushed by that train, but it was actually towing the train!:mrgreen:

msoumas

When you live in a neighborhood in Boston where people mark off the street parking spot they shoveled and there's always the one jerk who steals people's spots anyway, all you have to do is drive over the snow a few times instead of shoveling it, and now nobody else can shovel out the packed down snow, and nobody else can get in the spot either.

When a tree next to your truck falls on it during a storm, it's going to be the guy in the little compact car across the street that got hit by the smaller end of the tree that's calling his insurance company about it.

Scratches & dents just build character.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
FREE FUEL!!!!! Just go to my local garage and they give me all the free/used deisel that they have. Beats the **** out of paying 3.50ish a gallon.

Disciple

FREE FUEL!!!!! Just go to my local garage and they give me all the free/used deisel that they have. Beats the **** out of paying 3.50ish a gallon.
???? Are you talking free WVO, or actual Diesel? I'd be all over that! How? Is it Uncle Sam's? Tell ya what, I'll send you some pre-paid envelopes. You just fill 'em up for me and send some my way! I'm sure the Post Office won't mind.

hovenga67

Pulling a tractor trailer out of an intersection during a snow storm.
Bury it of the side of my buddies dads drive way trying to plow him out. A guy in a f250 stops to pull me out. While clearing a path he gets stuck. So I had to get out. A few minutes of rocking and I get the front tires on the black top and let it dig. He says I can't believe you got out of there.
Busting 5 foot drifts hunting when you really shouldn't be out.
My daughter always asks are we going to take the truck today. Also says she wants one just like it. She is 5.
When there is no where to park there is always the snow bank

Attachments

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
#??? - The silence on the way to work in the morning. No wife yapping, no kids bitching, no stupid morning show talk host person.....just me and my 6.2......Its a beautiful thing that most Americans rarely get to enjoy.

mr.travo

Hey Campbell- you raise a good point there brother. I think people (including myself) forget what time to yourself is like without distractions. I get more project planning done when driving my CUCV's. I guess I never looked at it that way.

Milkman357

More

# forget about Washing and waxing... I appreciate the rain... helps wash the mudd off... (although the piles of mud in driveway get old)

# Crowded parking lot at school to drop kids off... no problem we can park on top the frozen snow pile made by snow plows... the kids love climbing down off the Snowpile.... Something about King of the Hill!

Sajer

Filling the underground garage with noxious fumes.

Having people complain at the apartment i live at when i park out front instead of underground.

The best part is even when im in a crappy mood i get in that thing and i cant help but smile......

McCluskey

Overtaking the people driving $50,000 trucks in the snow, then when they get mad they overtake you and you find them stuck/spun out a few hundred meters up.

They should have known their place and sucked diesel fumes. :D

dskchevy

Swopping in on a DPS trooper having a hard time getting the cuffs on some scum bag & getting to put a boot on his neck.............The trooper smerked & said Thanks...........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks