• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a little M925A1Adult Tease

Truckoholic

So, I finally got the rest of my 16.00 R20's mounted this evening. Only took me 6 days. Ha ha That is a lot of work! But I work long hours driving my logging truck, so I didn't have much time either. But yeah, just had to take my girl out and get some pictures with all of the tires on. Now I can't wait to paint it!

Sure glad I don't buy these things for off roading! These trucks with their super stiff suspension are NOT AT ALL suitable for off road driving! Holy crap! My knees are sore now from my left knee bashing the window crank on the door, and my right knee bashing the shifter handle on just about every freaking bump I hit! I much prefer driving these things on the highway and around town anyway, so that's good. ha ha

IMG_3528x (Medium).jpg

IMG_3532x (Medium).jpg

IMG_3535x (Medium).jpg

IMG_3538x (Medium).jpg

IMG_3544x (Medium).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jrod66

awesomeness has been achieved! Lookin good man, cant wait to see it in person, did you decide to keep the navy blue?

Truckoholic

awesomeness has been achieved! Lookin good man, cant wait to see it in person, did you decide to keep the navy blue?
While the navy blue would be pretty cool if it was not all faded and grey looking........No. It's getting a dark OD and flat black two color camo job. Might throw on some brown for three color, but I don't usually like the look of the brown paint on there.

I was hoping to not have to sandblast this one, but there are a LOT of bad paint runs, and rough areas of the old paint that it would really be a shame to go to the trouble of painting it and just paint over that stuff. I am picky about my paint jobs, and I like them to look really nice. So since I have the sandblasting capabilities already, that will only ad a couple days onto my paint job time. Especially since I am not going to touch the inside of the cab since it is already so nice. Got some Gillespie paint from Rapco which I have used on all three of the other military trucks I've painted.

I want it to SCREAM Military truck when I drive down the road. Right now with it this faded grey color, people ask me "Is that a military truck?" I want it to be OBVIOUS that it is. ha ha

Got me a vinyl cargo cover yesterday, and some bow corners coming, so I can build some cargo bows. I used to not like these trucks with the cargo cover on there. But now it has grown on me, and I think it looks even more military like, and as others here on SS have said, it's just kind of fun knowing that people are wondering what the heck you are hauling under that cover:mrgreen: Also the cover will ad to the general appearance of massive bigness.

When I was in Oroville a few months ago, there were some M939 series trucks parked by a gas station. It appeared obvious that they were current use military trucks on their way somewhere, and I couldn't help but notice how dark of a camo pattern they had. The olive drab was so dark, that there was not a whole lot of difference in appearance between it and the flat black in the pattern. Just a really subtle difference in shade, but enough of a difference that you could tell the green from the black. But I just loved it so much, and have been wanting to attempt to recreate it on my truck the way I remember it. Kind of like this:
m925a1_2_of_2.jpg

So hopefully the 34086 Lusterless Olive Drab-current issue paint I ordered together with the flat black will give me the look I am after.

eldgenb

your tires don't seem to have any bulge, try letting some air out, I run mine at 50-60 psi depending on what I am doing, makes it much better.

jrod66

I like your idea on paint scheme, I was gonna say the same thing about tire pressure, if you have the inserts you can run them pretty low and still maintain control, I was thinking around 20 psi or less. what about air bags and better shocks?

emr

The 2 guys who noticed the max air pressure are right on, that is your hard ride, 25 lbs is crazy traction and easy ride, up from there depending on your terrain :) All the best and one SWEET truck, Since i have one i may be partial :) :driver:

jrod66

^I agree, even though the camo scheme is cool, the navy blue scheme is very one of a kind, and I think it helps identify what truck it is, I think its hella sick that you have the detroit lockers in the rear, are you gonna put one up front also?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks