• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a noob saying Hey.

MConstantbabble

Probably not the first or last to get sucked into the world of bobbed Deuces due to X-treme 4X4 build.

I've always had a passion for old impractical vehicles that guzzle fuel, and like to break down frequently and at inopportune moments...in my youth it was a multitude of 60's Musclecars and Ponycars, in most recent years, aircooled VW's.

My current impractical moneypit is a '61 VW CrewCab that I've been restoring for about 6 years, and nothing has caught my eye enough to consider selling it and starting over until the Deuce program on Xtreme.

I'll be reading and absorbing all of the info I can, and promise to use the search button before asking dumb questions that have been adressed a hundred times in the past!

Soooo...just wanted to introduce myself, thanks for an awesome site...my name's Michael :)

MConstantbabble

OK...first questions...I've been doing some research, just curious on the fairly big pricing difference between say 100dollarman and C&C Surplus on their converted Deuces?
...also, when it comes time, besides the two mentioned, ebay, and Craig's list, are their any other places to search for trucks?

I really liked the one blythewoodjoe just sold on ebay, but my funds won't be available until Fall/Winter
Thanks!

gunboy1656

Welcome, what part of OH you from?

You can also look in the classifieds on here. As for the difference between the 2, I would say their location would have a bunch to do with it.

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Ah, so you're the other one that got sucked in via Xtreme 4x4 lol. Hundy started my truck this week, and I'll be driving it 1100 miles home to Montana. So being a newb myself I've looked at several places for deuces, and been lurking here at SS for a while now. This place is an amazing source of information for deuces. I finally got signed up and look forward to spending a lot of time here poking around different posts and exchanging ideas. I'd welcome you too, but I'm a newb as well, and you posted before I did, so that technically makes you the senior member lol... shouldn't you be welcoming me? Anyways, I'm by no means an expert on deuces, but I did spend a lot of time looking around at them and will share my findings when you're ready to buy one if you would like.

MConstantbabble

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Gunboy...I travel for a living with my job, so Ohio is just sort of a homebase (mail-forwarding etc. no home there)...originally from Indiana, but was a musician the first part of my Life, and have been traveling for 13 yrs. now doing Renaissance Fairs oddly enough lol.
...and welcome to you Bobbed...the bug bit you hard, already have a truck in the works after only two episodes of Extreme 4X4!! that's awesome.

C&C has a beautiful bobbed Deuce on ebay right now...a bit rich for my blood, but super-clean.

I figure a fair amount of Hundy and C&C's price difference is C&C's 20X10 2-piece wheels, they're pretty expensive, but look great.

...anyway, thanks again for the welcome guys!

littlebob

Welcome to the addiction! Don't sell the VW. you can put in the back as a backup. I bought my daughter a 71' Transporter and now I'm addicted to both.