• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just Another 1088 Overland Build

mauinate

Have an A1 1088 that had a 1083 bed and frame put on it. I'm building a 20'x8.5'x7'6" box on the back. Full living situation.
I'm not a big typer, so ask away with any questions or comments.
Here is a link to the YouTube update videos:
Part One -

I would appreciate if anyone can hit the like and subscribe buttons. It will help me get down the road eventually :)

Nate

B-Dog

Have an A1 1088 that had a 1083 bed and frame put on it. I'm building a 20'x8.5'x7'6" box on the back. Full living situation.
I'm not a big typer, so ask away with any questions or comments.
Here is a link to the YouTube update videos:

I would appreciate if anyone can hit the like and subscribe buttons. It will help me get down the road eventually :)

Nate

Subbed! Can't wait to see more. If you're posting those videos in real time, as-in, you haven't been filming the last 3 months and posted 4 quick updates, you are absolutely killing it! I expect that you'll have the habitat done sometime mid-next week.

Did you see Chad's (Broke Overland) video on the hydraulic pump? If you're going to use the air/hyd unit for the moto-lift then I could see keeping it but since that whole system is prone to failure, I ditched it all. Assuming the spare is being re-located and we certainly don't need the kneeling system, all that's left is the cab lift. Unless someone is looking to be broke down all the time, I'd be hopeful that the hydraulic system would see little use. Thus, I'm opting for a simplistic manual approach.

mauinate

Thanks! Pretty close to real time ish! I'm probably 2 weeks from walls and a roof being on. Then it will slow down a little bit as I do the inside.

My thought on the pump: it seems like a really reliable unit when properly maintained. I actually really like it. But, I will most likely end up with an electric unit in the rear to run the lift and the leveling system, and another one in the front to raise the cab. I did see that video, the manual is super cool, but I think I can go electric for almost the same price. I raised the cab with the manual backup yesterday, it was a ton of work. So for maybe $50 more, going electric just might be the ticket.

Thanks for the reply and thoughts!

Third From Texas

Nice work.

Looking forward to the build out.

*btw: the lifting points that slide out are just for lifting. When they do an airdrop, as far as I know they would only toss the airdrop versions (M1081 or M1093). These have the fold-down cab that allows them to be fit onto a skid.

m1093_color_airdrop.jpg

Not a great idea to be in the LZ.
:)

WF2d6Mb.jpg

The other models could be lowered to fit into the C130 door for transport, but not dropped.

Don't mean to be nitpicking, I was never familiar with the process until I got into LMTVs/MTVs.

mauinate

That is super cool info, thank you! There is so much to learn about these trucks, I really appreciate you pointing that out!

Nice work.

*btw: the lifting points that slide out are just for lifting. When they do an airdrop, as far as I know they would only toss the airdrop versions (M1081 or M1093). These have the fold-down cab that allows them to be fit onto a skid.

View attachment 824868

View attachment 824869

The other models could be lowered to fit into the C130 door for transport, but not dropped.

Don't mean to be nitpicking, I was never familiar with the process until I got into LMTVs/MTVs.

Reworked LMTV

Nice work.

View attachment 824868

View attachment 824869

That will buff out

B-Dog

Your build is coming along at mach speed!! I can't post links to IG on the forum but there's someone on there that ryhmes with, jvlandreneau. They've changed trucks so you might have to scroll back a bit but they had a rack like I think you're building. I ran mine up the front, slightly towards the outside of the A-pillar. I followed the cab lines and the top of the a-pillar tube ended up a few inches inside the edge of the cab. I jogged the halo tube towards the outside of the cab and it sits parallel and above the gutter. For the most part, I copied BrokeOverland (Chad) on youtube.

Let us know how the new hydraulic pump goes!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks