• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a 1986 M-1009 and it is bad! Offroading caused glow plug issue. help!

420SOLDIER

Hi there! Glad I found this forum! Like the title says I went out bouncing down a few mud trails with my friends and ever since then when I turn the key forward the Yellow "wait" light, and the Red "water in fuel" light do not come on and for the first time since I have owned it it is kinda hard to start. How do I tell if it is a card, a relay, or just a loose wire? Thanks in advance for any replies! :mrgreen: Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site.

A couple of house keeping issues. Your State is required in your user profile. And there is no need for offensive language.

Download the FREE technical manuals from the link at the top of the page. The TM 9-2320-289-20 manual has a step by step procedure to help with your issues.

Have you checked all of your fuses? Taken them all out, cleaned the contacts and reinstalled them (maybe even replace them with new quality fuses?)

CUCVs have been around for 25+ years. They have been exposed to some harsh environments. It is always a good idea to take the electrical connections apart, clean the oxidation and reinstall with some di-electric grease.

There is an old saying about CUCVs. "If it is electrical clean it. If it is rubber, replace it".

420SOLDIER

I downloaded two different Manuel and I see how to remove of install this or that but not how to chech this or that to see if that's the problem or not. Any tips?