• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a 5 ton!!! Jacksonville TX

Mercuno

Pretty excited about it. I build steel buildings and the rain kills me for weeks at a time because most of our locations are so remote. I wont worry anymore. It was a trailer hauler so it has a shorter wheelbase, we took the 5th wheel off and welded a flatbed to it so we can mount our welder and tools. Thought about using the flatbed to carry a small telehandler on it.

IMG_20150512_132236622.jpg

IMG_20150512_132201887_HDR.jpg

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What were you using previously?

My suggestion is: Watch out!!! When you get the 5 ton stuck, it's stuck!!!

Best wishes and welcome to the OD club. What will your next military truck purchase be?

rick

Mercuno

I didnt install a duece bed I custom fabbed one out of c channel 2x3 tubing and 1/2'' plate steel. I have a 12k winch with hooks and a receiver hitch to mount it anywhere I want, I do want to get a larger winch when I can figure out a good source. We started out small time with tiny buildings and a nissan pathfinder, then a 1/2 ton ford 2wd and then a 1 ton ford diesel 2wd and now a brand new 1 ton ford 4x4 diesel. Lost an entire month of work in march due to rain and mud april was a good month and now this whole week and probably part of next week rained out.....so I had been talking about getting one forever and just broke down and bought one. Spent an hour trying to rewire batteries PO messed up and then drove it 2 hours straight home. Gamble I know, but had contingency plan. few minor issues but my whole company is comprised of veterans so we can fix it lol.

I know they are great in mud but want to get some more power for the hills. Anybody know where a thread is for governor mods or any real power mods are? dont want to max it out just tweak it a little.

plan to do parades opfor for militia and jobsite duty. future plans will include another one also. we run our company like we are still in the military