• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a M35A2C by mistake...

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I have been having a very bad day. This morning I mistakenly placed a bid for a M35A2C instead of the M1009 that I really wanted for everyday driving. My mistake of course for entering the bid on the wrong item, but GL is full of it. I had bid $50 when the deuce had opened as it was a 1987 that I wanted to watch the bidding on. Anyways GL told me this junk where they would allow me to remove my bid if I had bid $50 then $100 then $1390 mistakenly. They would not remove my bid though since I bid $50 then $1390 mistakenly. They are full of it! We need to get rid of the swear word editor as I really can't express my anger with regular words. This also caused me to forget several other items as I just don't need the hassle.

Anyways can anyone up near McGuire AFB, NJ 08641 drop by to get some eyes on this thing? Please? I am halfway inclined to just eat the 20% penalty and walk away. Is this a Air Force truck? It does not have the flapper for the exhaust stack.
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=1287657&categoryId=1004

J2H

Jeez, builder, that sucks, I am sorry man! Worse comes to worse (and I know you don't want to hear it) but take the M35 and try to sell that to someone, just a thought.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, lots of money to be made if you part it out. I don't know why that would be an option though. Nice truck.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a "last model production" USAF truck.. Made in 1987 Has the split brake system, and heater. It's a brother truck to mine.. The flapper valve is a unit level add on, and is not indicitive of a USAF truck.... Thats a nice truck... I'd keep it!

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah the VIN has 87 to start with, so I am assuming 1987 as that does have the duel brakes from the last production run. It might be nice. I just hope someone can take a look to ease my worries. I just don't need this new project, and a 10 hour drive. I was expecting to be picking up a supper nice CUCV ten minutes down the road in a few weeks. This also means that one of my deuces will have to go.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If you keep it and part it out, let me know

Your bestest pal, Clinto

:beer: <---------------------------on the house

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me know if you part it out, I can use some small stuff off of it...
Another nice thing about the USAF production trucks.. They were all factory rustproofed, so they typical rust problems arent.. :)

J2H

I guess the AF changed, I see rust on a lot of our trucks, lol (not a lot, but its there)... might just be Germany

acetomatoco

It is a 87K which in AF lingo is a 1987 truck...the engine is a 86 contract.. I would try to sell it to one of the dealers who buys regularly at McGuire... how about Dave in Philadelphia...? Or Kubu? or White Owl? Otherwise it will be an expensive lesson for sure... 1390 plus 139 plus the time of the EUC and 60$ for a SF97 and towing will soon be 2 grand... 20 percent of your bid is $278....any of you local guy step up if you can... Jeff S?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hmmm perhaps I was too strong on saying take the penalty and run. Most of the problems look to be superficial I guess, and I guess if it turns out to be nice I could replace my deuce with this one. Glad to hear about some rustproofing on these.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well it will be $1592 plus fuel for my deuce their and back. No SF97 needed as I can get that with the regular documentation in Va. Oh and then regular title fees. This might be a good time to get filtering used motor oil for the trip. Oh I forgot I get to pay tolls too. This should be fun 3 axles on the way up, and 6 axles on the way home.

TacticalTruck

....and then there's, well.....New Jersey to travel in. looks like a nice truck. the run flatens out past maryland. i'd go right up the turnpike, but it's been a few years.
Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks