• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a Sincgars 1523B...need some install help.

Wile E. Coyote

kinda off topic, but what films have yours been in? That's really cool!
Every time I talk about work on forums I have my @$$ in a sling for talking too much when I'm not supposed to :), so all I can say is "a bunch of current and past TV series and some feature films." What's really irritating is you can get them the correct radio for whatever scenario they're doing...but too many of them don't care "because it's just TV", and then someone takes a screen grab and the mistake/ cheap-out lives on forever on imdb.com or various "goofs and gaffes" sites.

dodgeme562

I am a communications repairman, what you will need given that you already have a radio rack and a power cable you will need several things. First you will need an am/6352 which is the power supply for the radio mounting system. Second you will need the AM-7239 (the radio rack) to mount the radio in. These radio’s when vehicle mounted are amplified, so if you want it the same you will also need an AM/6353 (the amp mount) and a AM-7238(the amp). If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

vitamink

Thank you Dodgeme562. As my radio doesn't work actually send or receive, id like to find a radio rack and power supply that don't work but look good. Hopefully some will pop up soon.

Wile E. Coyote

If anyone will have either, it'll be the previously mentioned Mike Murphy at www.murphyjunk.net, though sometimes American Milspec has modern stuff too (www.american-milspec.com) , and Ebay as well. Mike's not had any flavour of SINCGARS since...January, I think...and I haven't seen any on Ebay either. I've only ever seen one MBITR come up complete, though there were a bunch of parts ones. Variations of the AN/PRC-152 Falcon II radios come up too, though infrequently, and disappear long before the auctions are scheduled to end (usually either thanks to intervention by the forces of Uncle or more often than not through buy-it-now deals negotiated off Ebay.)

Me, I want the rest of my AN/UYK-128 FBCB2 computer setup and a PRC-138, 117 or 150 - should someone open up a well-stocked store entitled something like www.moremodernthanARC-5s.com - until then we'll be collecting overpriced AM-65s from Greece and glow-in-the-dark Big, Black and Bakelite offerings from the bowels of a B-17. :)

Wile E. Coyote

I also imagine a bunch of the more modern stuff lost/stolen/scrapped in Afghanistan and Iraq will make its way onto Ebay etc. from vendors based in nearby countries. It's inevitable. That's why you kind of take your chances on the origin of things on Ebay which isn't the case with Mike as all his stuff is 100% legit 100% of the time. Some foreign nations using SINCGARS variants and MBITR might also sell things off down the road rather than do the obscenity-level sledgehammer disposal Uncle mandates as a condition of MAP/ FMS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks