• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just Bought A Truck Looking for Resources

Bulldog1986

Just bought a M35a2 from Forest Park, GA. Had some quesitons:

1. It says its an M35a2 but it has a single rear wheels? I thought all deuces wear duallies in the rear.

2. Can anyone give me a website, or group of sites I can find parts for tune up or modifications?

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:

FreightTrain

Banned
Yea,they flipped the rear hubs and installed singles on a lot of trucks.Radials and larger NDTs will hold more weight than the 9.00NDTs so they dumped the duals.Also with singles they turn a little better and accellerate better with less rotating mass back there.They sure do look goofy without the training wheels..Kinda like they are holding their legs together needing to take a leak real bad.As for the parts.For repair parts and light modifications that look true military try www.ODiron.com and the other sponsors of this site.OD has some real good prices and top quality NEW stuff not surplus.

FreightTrain

Banned
You could flip the hubs back over and get another 4 11.00R20 Mich XL tread radials along with 4 wheels and redual it but with radial tires......Like I am.But I bought a parts truck with 11 Radials on it already.

TaylorTradingCo

parts

Congradulations on your purchase.

They were duallys originally, but you are talking about trucks that are 30-40 years old. They have been through many changes over the years. I personally like the dual tire look and the original NDT tires.

I am just up the road in Ringgold, GA. I have many trucks and spare parts here if you find you need anything. There are alos tons on E-Bay.

Derek Taylor

tsmall07

I was bidding on that truck too. I think you're just missing the outer wheels of the duals. It isn't a true super single. I got another truck that has the XLs but still has duals in the back.

tm america

some came with single if you were lucky singles were 11.00 20s but you can fit up to 15.5 80r 20s stock. singles are way better than duals in everything ex sand they accelerate faster stop quicker turn easier get better gas milage make it easier to work on and cheaper to put tires on .keep the single even the military stopped using duals i had my truck stuck with duals went right thought with singles same size tire then i upgraded to 15.5 80r 20s now its like a tank

Attachments