• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought GL M1009

azpatriot

Picked up the unit with approx. 4200 mi., 1985 model last week out of Jefferson City, MO. EUC went to Battle Creek today. Talked my wife into selling our Jeep Liberty and paying down debt with the difference. Winning bid was $1690 and the unit was supposedly started fine on 2/28/2009 and site rep confirmed. Going to be $2k almost even out the door and then $800 to ship to Az. Hoping to clear $5k net after the Jeep sale. It's a little under powered on the highway hills IMO.

Who knows. Maybe the wife will like driving it more than my paid for F350 and she can impress her doctor friends at work. There's a reason she married me. I guess I can talk her into anything! (almost):wink:

azpatriot

Affirm on the A/C. Will likely be something added once vehicle is in secure running order.
No A/C sucks in Az but I've had a vehicle with no A/C for several years and actually got used to it. I was about 15 yrs younger however!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OD Iron has a set up so you can keep the dual alternators. I haven't talked to anyone that has installed it though so I'm not sure how tough it's going to be. I'll probably order mine at the end of the month as things are warming up here in San Antonio.

3dubs

Yeah, I am planning on getting one in June. I was told the hardest part is getting the pulley lined up so the belt stays on. But you can goto the OD Iron website and look at the instructions. You will have to put a vacuum on it to add freon. You may have to have an a/c tech do that. But it looked time consuming but not hard.